We are currently working in connection with our client to recruit a Groundsperson for the Portadown area. This will be a full-time position, consisting of 37 hours per week, at a rate of £8.19 per hour.
Completion of the following duties are required –
- Carry out horticultural operations, including planting trees, shrubs and plants.
- Carry out grass cutting, hedge cutting and pruning.
- Carry out labour associated with soil cultivation, fertiliser spreading, site preparation and constructional labouring.
- To maintain games facilities and areas including spiking, aeration, scarifying, top-dressing, fertilising and also marking of games areas and erection/dismantling of posts.
- To help the higher graded Gardeners in their work.
- Be responsible for opening and closing parks facilities as and when required to include the setting of alarms etc.
- To make decisions or whether to close sports facilities due to adverse weather conditions or acts of vandalism.
- To use powered hand tools and light plant to perfume duties to include routine maintenance, pre and post operational check, defect reporting, cleansing and record keeping for such equipment.
- Administrative duties associated with Grounds maintenance work.
- To supervise the use of parks sports fields and facilities including maintenance orderly conduct by then public in line with Council Bye-Laws and ensuring general safety, giving guidance and dealing with any complaint in relation to the relevant site.
- To carry out application of chemical pest control methods under instruction.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
- Any other duties allocated, commensurate with the nature and grade of the post.
It is essential that candidates meet the following criteria –
- Current Driving Licence including B+E and K.
- At least 12 months experience in 2 or more of the following areas; operating a variety of commercial grass cutting machinery, amenity horticulture skills, sports ground maintenance.
- One years’ experience of customer care.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
Desirable criteria –
- NVQ Level 1 Amenity Horticulture or equivalent.
- Pesticide certificate PA1.
For this role Lynn Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business
Lynn Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).
Lynn Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note that only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.