Energy Efficiency Advisor required in Coleraine in Co Derry, Northern Ireland.
As a Energy Efficiency Advisor
To apply for the position of Energy Efficiency Advisor in Coleraine you will meet the following essential criteria:
- Third level qualification eg. HNC/HND Level 4, Degree, Post-Graduate Certificate/Diploma and atleast 1 years experience in the following fields; energy; community and voluntary sector; consumer advice; education; housing; health or social services
- Atleast 3 years experience in one of the following fields;energy; community and voluntary sector; consumer advice; education; housing; health or social services
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A proven capacity to work with limited supervision and also to work as part of a team
- Atleast 3 years demonstratable experience of working to assist development within communities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrating a capacity to communicate with a range of audiences and ability to produce clear and concise written reports
- A full current driving licence which enables the holder to drive in Northern Ireland and access to a car or access to a form of transport which will enable the postholder to carry out the duties of the post in full
Diamond Recruitment Group reserve the right to enhance the desirable criteria in the event of an unprecedented response.
- To raise awareness of the issues of fuel poverty across the community, volunatary, statutory and private sectors
- Develop links and publicise the service offered
- To work in partnership with other fuel poverty workers and benifits workers in the area
- Establish referral mechanisms in line with those established by the Fuel poverty strategy co-ordinator and other fuel poverty workers and to provide information and support to key stake-holdersUndertake assessments and provide direct support (including home visits) to people living in fuel poverty through energy efficiency advice, referrals to grant schemes or to other relevant agencies
- Deliver awareness raising programmes, seminars and informal talks on fuel poverty
- To liase and form links with local community centres and networks with events such as community health information days
- To collate information on energy efficiency, grants and renewable technologies from relevant agencies and distribute
- To undertake general clerical duties as required
- To maintain accurate records and case files
To apply for the position of Energy Efficiency Advisor, please forward your CV to Ashleigh at Diamond Recruitment Group by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV. All CVs must be received by Monday 12th December.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Ashleigh at Diamond Recruitment Group on 028 2563 2223. Your details will be treated in a confidential manner with Diamond Recruitment Group. Only applicants meeting the criteria will be contacted.
You may have found this job vacancy searching for the following related terms: Environmental Health Officer, Energy Efficiency Advisor
Experience: 2-3 yrs