Vacancy Reference: 18977
We are currently recruiting for a Band 6 Fire Safety Officer for the Newry area. This will be a full-time temporary role, Monday to Friday consisting of 37.5hours per week, with an hourly rate of £14.20. This vacancy is expected to last initially for 6 months.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide advice in the interpretation and application of the provisions of Firecode in Northern Ireland and other statutory guidance in respect of fire safety in Company’s buildings
- Advise management of their responsibilities in respect of The Fire Safety Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2010
- Ensure all fire risks are identified and assessed in premises using fire risk assessment techniques as set out in HTM’s and prepare reports to management recommending prioritised actions in respect of fire safety improvements
- Ensure fire safety audits are conducted and provide periodic authoritative reports to Fire Safety Manager
- Provide advice to Nominated and Deputy Nominated Fire Officers regarding local fire safety issues and arrangements, including fire precautions and evacuation procedures
- Provide reports and updates as required to Trust Fire Safety Committee
- Prepare schedules of work based on the remedial action plan for incorporation into tender documents
- Degree in Building/Engineering or equivalent with 2 years’ experience in a fire safety role which must involve carrying out fire risk assessments
- HNC/D in Building/Engineering or equivalent or higher qualification with 3 years experience in a fire safety role, 2 of which must involve carrying out fire risk assessments
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working as a Fire Safety Officer in a Built Environment, 2 of which must involve carrying out fire risk assessments
- Firefighter with a minimum of 5 years’ experience and with a minimum of 3 years having been spent in a fire safety role, 2 of which must involve carrying out fire risk assessments
This role provides an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading business, committed to ensuring that their customers receive a first class level of service and offering genuine opportunities for career progression.
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.