MCS Group is recruiting an experienced Procurement Manager for our major global manufacturing organisation with sites across the Island of Ireland. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a global manufacturing firm on their site based in Newry as the Procurement Manager
As the Procurement Manager you will implement the actions that deliver the overall business Procurement Strategy.
This will be achieved through cost control of purchased materials and components; reviewing, issuing and negotiation of tenders, and supplier commercial contracts; close working with R&D to develop new and improve existing products; and proactively taking a hands-on approach to improving the efficiency of the Purchasing function.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven track record to engage, negotiate, and deliver the key goals of the business.
- Commercially and financially aware with experience of budgeting.
- Relevant commercial or engineering degree.
- Experience in a purchasing management role with an ability to add value.
- Computer literate, especially with ERP and Excel skills.
- Good communication skills - enabling the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate;
- Planning - effective time management and effective use of resources;
- An enthusiastic, proactive approach to work with a drive to deliver results on time and overcome obstacles
- You will have Ethical conduct and decision-making skills
- It would be highly desirable if you were a Member of the Institute of Purchasing and Supply with experience of procurement in a manufacturing environment
To speak about this role please contact Kirsty Dillon, specialist consultant on 028 90 235 456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position isn't right for you we may have one that is. Please give us a call on 028 90 235 456 or visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to see our wide selection of current jobs.
Experience: 0 yrs