MCS Group is exclusively recruiting an Explosives Safety Officer in partnership with our client, a global and leading high technology organisation. Our client has a 60-year heritage in world-class engineering and is the leading high technology company in the country employing over 500 people in the defence and space sectors.
This role will be based in our client's Co. Down Facility and is part of a huge recruitment campaign for several specialised engineering roles across all levels in the business. It is the result of many new business wins alongside growth and success within several other key projects. This is an exciting time to join the business where you will enjoy a strong career & technical development.
This unique job opportunity:
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Ordnance, Munitions, and Explosives (OME) and Fire Safety Officer to join our client's team in Co. Down. You will be a key part of the site operations applying your breadth of skills, knowledge, and expertise across a range of functions and environments.
This is a highly technical role, you will already be well versed in the manufacture, storage, and handling of explosive materials as well as related plant and equipment. This will include an understanding of the principles of explosive safety. You will combine technical experience with strong communication skills and an ability to work without supervision.
As the Site explosives safety officer you will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day activities of explosives integration and manufacturing. You will be expected to work as part of a team to provide sound advice and recommendations for day-to-day activities along with providing technical knowledge for R&D range activities and tests.
You will be required, on occasion to deliver training and in addition, you will develop and maintain site risk and Coshh assessments in line with company standards.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Management of Safety and Explosives regulations - (Either UK or NI.) Qualification
- Explosives licensing and storage.
- Building design
- Site planning and neighbour resolution.
- Security of explosives and weapons.
- Document reading and amendments. (Technical librarianship.)
- The principal of guided weapons in general.
- Weapons safety methods.
- Theory and practice of safe demolitions and destruction of explosives.
- Relevant and recent experience working within the OME domain.
- Range safety principles and practice.
- Fire safety precautions - planning and operations.
- Building survey's for an explosives factory.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment for reliably identifying and managing opportunities and risks.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Kirsty Dillon Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Experience: 0 yrs