MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting an Automation Engineer for one of our leading manufacturers. This position will provide an exciting, progressive career for an individual who is passionate about automation and developing technology in manufacturing.
This role encompasses 3 main aspects; maintenance, improvement and development. Within the business group, the goal is to create a centre of excellence at this site, requiring significant continued investment and advancement in automation. You will be a team player and an individual who is hands on, motivated and a strong problem solver.
- The development and implementation of automation in mechanical assembly, fixturing and inspection processes, including design and specification.
- Directing and managing vendors, installation and qualification of automated systems and equipment.
- Updating, modifying, continuously improving and documenting new and existing control systems including robotic programs, ladder logic programs, relay logic, electrical distribution, motor controls, operator interface, hydraulics and pneumatic distribution and control. ABB and Siemens control experience preferred.
- Conducting research on robotic technologies to create new robotic systems or system capabilities.
- Coordinating between Engineering and Maintenance on existing machine control modifications to robotic, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic and vision systems.
- Building, configuring, integrating and testing robotics with peripherals such as controllers or other equipment.
- Developing robotic paths and maximising efficiency, safety and quality.
- Investigating mechanical and electrical failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
- Scheduling and completing back-ups of all electronic machine controls and robotic programs.
You will have:
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience.
- Comparable industry experience working in a plant setting as a Process Engineer, Controls Engineer or Automation Engineer or Electrical Technician will be considered.
- Experience with ABB robots and numerical control systems and Siemens, etc. PLCs.
Day shift role - 8:15-17:15 Monday to Thursday and 8:15-13:15 Friday (willing to undertake overtime where required).
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Eve Duncan Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google
Experience: 0 yrs