Are you an experienced procurement Manager with a proven background of working in a fast paced environment?
Do you have a 3rd level qualification in electronics, engineering or commercial subject?
Would you like to work for a leading Irish business as they grow their operations through Northern & Southern Ireland?
We have a very exciting opportunity to join a fantastic company that can offer a competitive remuneration package. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email email@example.com
Our client is a well established family business that has grown significantly over the past 10 years. This growth has seen the business operate on an international scale yet keep the company values and ethos at the centre of what they do. Established over 40 years ago, the business has seen huge growth throughout Ireland and internationally. This is due to the success of their acquisitions and organic development. The company will offer a competitive package with the opportunity to grow professional and thrive within a well established team.
The Procurement Manager will implement the actions that deliver Procurement Strategy to achieve world class competitiveness. This will involve driving Value Improvement activities in the allocated area to meet VI targets; achieving cost reduction, reduced lead-times and increased flexibility to meet customer requirements
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Analyse the competitiveness of current EMS suppliers and identify areas for cost reduction opportunities to meet Value Improvement targets.
- Liaise with global electronic component distributors and electronic component manufacturers to leverage overall Divisional volume to reduce cost and increase supply chain flexibility and agility.
- In conjunction with site Procurement Managers, negotiate pricing, terms and conditions, and create contractual arrangements with electronic suppliers to achieve quality, service, cost and flexibility targets.
- Act as liaison between Engineering and Procurement departments to drive the overall strategic direction including supporting platform development and standardisation of components.
- Participate in New Product Introduction processes to drive purchasing needs into electronic designs.
- Assess and evaluate potential EMS suppliers to support long term global competitiveness.
- Develop and communicate formal performance feedback with electronic suppliers and maintain Supplier Improvement Action Plan to drive higher performance in supply base.
- Prepare and deliver procurement information for management to meet budget, performance and ad hoq requirements, to enable robust decision making.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Proven track record to engage, negotiate, and deliver the key goals of the business.
- Commercially and financially aware with experience of budgeting.
- Relevant commercial or electronic engineering degree.
- Experience in a purchasing management role with an ability to add value.
- Computer literate, especially with ERP and Excel skills.
- Good communication skills - enabling the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate
- Planning - effective time management and effective use of resources.
- An enthusiastic, proactive approach to work with a drive to deliver results on time and overcome obstacles
- Ethical conduct
- Decision making
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), or equivalent
- Experience of procurement in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of development and implementation of Procurement Strategy Judgement and Decisions
- Maintain the approved suppliers list and define quota arrangements where appropriate.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions, and contractual arrangements as part of contract award.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.