Are you an experienced Facilities Manager within an Engineering / Manufacturing industry?
Do you have experience with Mechanical testing and Health & Safety regulations?
Would you like to work for a company that has exciting growth plans and be part of a cutting edge team with access to the best technology on the market?
We are working with a company who is going to change the NI landscaoe through their state of the art facility in Belfast. If interested or would like more information call Alex on 02890 313157 or email email@example.com
Our client is a new entrant to the NI market however it comes with a very exciting brand and reputation through the success of its sister company. Within the next 12 months, the company will move into a state of the art facility in Belfast which will rival most businesses within the UK market in terms of technology and quality. They have also been putting together an enviable team with a truly international feel to the company. The company is developing the UKs most advanced design and manufacturing facility in their industry which will enable them to provide exceptional products & customer service to their global client base.
The Facilities Manager will report directly to the Head of Testing & Facilities.
The Manufacturing department is responsible for the manufacturing, assembly and delivery of all company products including the electric foiling drives and high-speed vessels. The facilities department ensures necessary infrastructure is in place to allow the company to operate efficiently and to ensure facilities meet compliance standards and government regulations.:
The Facilities Manager will direct the running of our facilities and create a safe and efficient work environment that improves business performance and optimises staff productivity.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Recommend and help to implement measures to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the facility.
- Ensure that basic facilities are well maintained and conduct proactive maintenance.
- Plan for the future by forecasting the facilities' upcoming needs and requirements.
- Oversee any renovations, refurbishments and building projects.
- Oversee contractors and engage with vendors.
- Coordinate routine maintenance and repairs.
- Coordinate and schedule renovations.
- Monitor expenditure.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental issues are prioritised and facilitated.
- Train staff on health and safety procedures and ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and laws.
- Implement relevant policies and safety procedures.
- Build good working relationships across Artemis Technologies.
- Contribute to shaping a culture that reflects Artemis Technologies Values and Guiding Principles and enables the company to achieve its goals.
- Comprehensive proven experience in Facilities Management.
- A Degree or a related qualification in Facilities Management, Engineering, Business Studies or Property Management.
- Experience with facility management and relevant regulations.
- Experience with mechanical testing (Drive Train, Actuation testing, Structural testing, Fatigue testing).
- Working knowledge of EV and relevant regulations.
- A qualification in Health & Safety, such as NEBOSH or equivalent, would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of CAD & PLM solutions would be an advantage.
Key Skills Required:
Leadership and People Management Skills
- Ability to structure and build a strong performing team (designers & technicians).
- Ability to design and engineer testing equipment and coordinate with technical suppliers.
- Ability to synthetize requirements from several parties and establish testing requirements.
- Good knowledge of regulation and laws to ensure ATL systems are market compliant.
Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills and the ability to solve issues without guidance, and source information required.
- Good report writing skills – clear, concise and well structured
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Project Management & Organising skills
- Ability to estimate work effort for complex technical teams.
- Organisation, time management, prioritising and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to relate well to others and build co-operative and collaborative working relationships with a whole range of suppliers, employees, managers, contractors, executives and stakeholders.
Private Medical Insurance.
Health Cashback Plan.
Sponsored Translink annual travel card loan scheme.
Cycle to Work scheme.
Perks discount card.
Employer Assistance Programme.
25 days holiday plus 10 public/bank holidays.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.