Your new company
Within a teaching environment to train welders and fabricators.
Your new role
To become a member of the teaching team in current courses of study and assist with future developments.
- Deliver and promote training and teach on a range of programmes leading to the
award of up to Level 5 qualifications.
- Liaise with Industry to develop courses which match industry needs.
- Fulfil the role of class tutor with administrative and pastoral responsibilities.
- Develop ILT resources appropriate for teaching and learning in the subject area and promote the use of library and resource centres.
- Review and evaluate quality of provision in line with IQ:RS and awarding body requirements
- Assist in delivery of staff development in Engineering to college staff / Participate in staff training and development activities to update and enhance own knowledge, skills and professional competence needed to carry out the role effectively.
- Review and evaluate provision to ensure quality assurance in all areas.
- Contribute to and participate in marketing, recruitment, induction and other appropriate events.
- Co-ordinate programmes of study.
10. Participate in subject team meetings and in school team meetings, including the leading of team meetings. 11. Contribute to the co-ordination and organisation of educational visits and work-based learning 12. Contribute to the development of new full-time and part-time engineering related courses throughout the School to meet the needs of the workforce and other relevant stakeholders. 13. Liaise with employers, Sector Skills Council and Awarding Bodies 14. To mentor students for competitions. 15. Complete as required all administrative tasks associated with the post. 16. Any other duties as required by the Head of School and Deputy Head of School.
The annual hours are 1440 of which up to 828 for student contact time and the remainder for associated duties. However, the post holder will be required to adopt a flexible approach (including evening work) and to devote such time as may be required by the exigencies of the service.
What you'll need to succeed
- Hold GCSE English (Grade A-C) / Essential Skills Level 2 (or higher) in Communication; and GCSE Maths (Grade A-C) / Essential Skills Level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or NICATS Access Maths Modules
- Hold a University Degree* in an engineering discipline.
A qualification in an engineering discipline which is at least Level 5 on the National Qualification Framework (NQF - revised September 2004) or on the Qualification Credit Framework (QCF) and have 3 years relevant industrial, professional or business experience.
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary and opportunity to pass your knowledge and experience on to eager students.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs