Key Job Duties:
- Provide specialist support, tailored to suit the young person's needs, as agreed with the DSS Co-ordinator.
- Prepare in advance of the support session and have all necessary resources for the session.
- Adapt all training and support materials to make them user friendly and differentiated to support the young person.
- Assist the DSS Co-ordinator with the monitoring and evidencing of progress against Performance Targets set.
- Provide weekly monthly updates to the DSS Co-ordinator on the young person's progress through the completion of engagement records.
- Stimulate and promote effective, learner-centred independent learning strategies for the young person to enable them to participate and heighten their motivation and self-esteem.
- Maintain a confidential and effective system for processing and maintaining all internal documentation.
- To carry out administrative duties required.
The key job duties listed above give a broad outline of the functions of the role. However, these duties must be approached in a flexible manner. The job holder will be expected to adapt to changing circumstances and undertake other duties as allocated by your Manager. The outline of the job duties may change from time to time.
- 5 G.C.S.E's at Grade C or equivalent to include English and Maths.
- At least 1 year experience in a similar role.
- Experience in planning, delivery and evaluation of learning activities for individuals and groups.
- Experience of working in an education environment.
Essential Knowledge/Skill Required:
- Ability to actively listen and relate to children, young people and adults in an empathetic manner, valuing their views, experience and recognise their strengths.
- Ability to develop a good rapport with young people and use effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills particularly communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with a good ability to navigate the MS Office Suite.
- Excellent numeracy/literacy skills.
- Respect for diversity as you will be working with young people from a range of backgrounds.
- Access to own car is essential.
- The ability to use reading, writing, communication, spelling and grammar strategies to improve literacy skills.
- Knowledge of the Essential Skills Numeracy, Literacy and ICT qualifications from entry level-level 2.
- Ability to use ICT as a learning tool and for record keeping.
- Training would be desirable in the following areas Safeguarding, Autism, Asperger's, ADHD, Dyslexia or SEBD.
- Candidates with BSL (British Sign Language) & with Note taking experience
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.
Experience: 0 yrs