To manage the office of the Client in liaison with the Vice President, Honorary Officers, the Chief Executive, Director of Professional Standards and the Head of Divisions. To ensure the smooth running of the NI office and maintain the profile of the Client. To ensure the activities of the Client are aligned to the corporate strategy and espouse the values and behaviours.
- Support the Client in NI Chair and Executive Committee in carrying out the objectives of the Client's Strategic Plan as it relates to NI.
- Market the Client to the local membership so that from point of entry into membership through to retirement, their academic and professional interests are supported
- Support the Financial Officer with the annual business plan and budgets for conferences, provide quarterly accounts.
- Maintain local knowledge of mental health and user and carer organisations, in liaison with the Department of External Affairs.
- Manage the work of the Policy Officer and, in their absence, support the local public affairs, policy and communication activities of the client to help raise its profile.
- Manage the secretariat functions of the Client.
- Together with the Policy Officer and Administrator manage support for the Faculties/Groups and Committees in NI.
- Organise academic meetings and conferences for membership and non-membership groups as and when determined by the NI Executive and Faculty Chairs.
- Liaise with external groups to organise, manage, and facilitate joint academic programmes and ensure financial viability and successful conference management.
- Organise, support and manage the Client in Continuing Professional Development activities using the Client's CRM database.
- Deal with queries from the press, members of the public and patients in consultation with the Client's Strategic Communications & Policy Department.
- Ensure the Clients website is well maintained and kept up to date.
- Any other duties as required - This job description is not exhaustive and is subject to change according to business needs.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written and interpersonal skills with regards to stakeholders
- Experience of managing and developing a small team
- Strong administrative skills and proven experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work without close supervision and to prioritise a large workload effectively
- Proven experience of managing, delivering and budgeting for multiple tasks/meetings/events, both large and small, preferably within a professional environment
- Proven experience in CRM database management and electronic filing
- Minute taking and committee management experience
- The ability to travel frequently throughout the UK & Northern Ireland with occasional overnight stays
- Experience of managing web pages using a Content Management Systems
Knowledge of NHS in Northern Ireland and mental health policy
- £19.79 per hour
Hours of Work:
- 35 Hours per Week
Ashton Recruitment is acting as an employment Business.
Experience: 0 yrs