Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Dyslexia Assessor/Tutor to start ASAP until the end of June with possibility of extension
Pay rate: 0-12 weeks £7.20
13+ weeks £8.44
Hours: 36 hours per week Monday- Friday
Essential Criteria and Experience
- Applicants must possess an NVQ Level qualification, or equivalent, at least one level higher in the curricular area in which they wish to assess. (For example, in order to assess an NVQ Level 2 course, the applicant must have at least an NVQ Level 3 qualification in the curricular area).
- Hold both A1 and A2 assessing awards or a relevant teaching qualification.
- Experience of supporting and working with young people with learning difficulties and/or disabilities within a training environment.
- Recent experience of assessing in DEL-funded training or FE programmes within the last five years.
- Two years industrial experience of working in the area that the applicant wishes to assess in gained within the last four years.
- Assess trainees /apprentices/ students/ employees as required in line with NVQ awarding body guidelines.
- Build effective links with careers services, voluntary agencies and large and small employer networks and other appropriate external agencies likely to lead to work placement opportunities for trainees.
- Process all the necessary documentation for trainees / clients, participating in relevant programmes.
- Supervise trainees while on placement activities not requiring specialist assessment.l
- Arrange appropriate workplace training/employment for trainees and clients, including inductions, and ensure trainees are issued with appropriate equipment prior to commencing placement.
- Ensure that any under-performance or non-attendance by students is managed and appropriate actions are taken.
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to the grade and post as required.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £33.00 A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**Please note the deadline for this position will close on Tuesday 28th March at 12 Noon**
Experience: 0 yrs