Experienced Practice Accountant - Belfast - IMMEDIATE REQUIREMENT
Who you will be working with:
Abacus Careers has been chosen by one of the leading Accountancy Practice firms in the city to recruit for a Newly Qualified or 1 year PQE accountant position. This is not a typical firm, the Directors are totally focused upon creating a culture that balances hard work, attention to detail and best-in-class advice with work-life balance, enjoyment, teamwork and fun. You will want to consider this opportunity!
Our client has been in business for a number of years and has steadily built both a loyal and varied client base, and excellent reputation.
ACA, ACCA, CAI, ICAI or similar required
£29-33,000 + benefits, on experience
What you will do:
- Have a good working knowledge of UK GAAP.
- Plan the completion of accounts within a time & cost budget.
- Monitor the above, providing assistance where required & identifying & highlighting issues at early stages.
- Review Accounts files, identifying trends & amendments, identifying issues, planning points & opportunities.
- Strong knowledge of Sage Accounts production or similar products.
- Strong knowledge of Sage Line 50.
- Have a good working knowledge of UK: Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Vat, and IHT (preferable but not essential).
- A good working knowledge of ROI taxation would be advantageous but not essential.
- Good working knowledge of the preparation of personal & corporate tax returns, we do not foresee the individual completing these but planning & reviewing within time & cost budgets.
In relation to the clients above:
- Ensure seniors are requesting information from clients & ensure deadlines are met.
- Allocate work accordingly & provide direction accordingly.
- Ensure all client related requests are dealt with in a timely & effective manner.
- Review accounts for client meeting.
- Participate in client meetings, or depending on client take client meeting.
- Raise invoices for partner review.
- Assist with managing budgeted monthly fees.
- Participate in recruitment needs & recruitment process.
- Prepare tenders.
- Assisting with general people management.
- Assist with mentoring of students to include completion of their online student diaries.
- Manage or directly engage (depending on the job) in ad-hoc projects, for example, business plans, tax planning, due diligence, forensic reports, etc.
- Identifying client needs.
- Identifying business opportunities for the firm.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Experience: 0 yrs