MCS are proud to work alongside one of the UK's leading MEP Contractors based in Northern Ireland to bring to market a Building Services Design Manager role.
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation that last year made their highest level of turnover to date and expect this to keep growing this year. Due to this success they are now expanding and therefore they are seeking a candidates to join their large in house design team with 30+ members. They are currently recruiting for a Electrical & a Mechanical Building Services Design Manager.
The role involves:
- Working as the lead mechanical / electrical design manager on a number of their larger projects, you would have intermediate / graduates working below you to produce design calculations, reports etc under your supervision.
- You will be responsible for reading and understanding the companies contractual obligations with regards to design at the start of each project and flagging any potential issues early to allow the company to decide the best plan of action in each case.
- Working alongside the design manager who is responsible for managing the design process ensuring that they understand and meet the information release dates. He also is responsible for liaising with the main contractors design managers.
- Your input will be required to develop design programs and deliverable schedules at the start of each project in line with the construction program to ensure that design information is produced in time to allow the company to select and procure the right equipment and get it approved by the client ahead of when it is required on site.
- Liaising with in house technical buyers who will produce technical submittals for all the equipment you will be required to review the submissions prior to them being released to the client for approval.
- Responsible for reviewing and commenting on the drawings Revit team in house and whilst they do all the drawings you would be prior to them being released to the client.
The ideal candidate:
I am keen to speak to candidates coming from various backgrounds, please see below:
o With 5 to 10 years' experience preferable with some main contractor/client facing role
Building Services Manager with Main Contractor
o With 5 to 10 years' experience preferable with some client facing role
What does the company offer you?
- Very Competitive Salary
- Opportunity for progression
- Life Insurance
- Health care Scheme
- CPD/CIBSE training courses
Full details, including salary and the full excellent benefits package will be provided upon application.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Timothy McNeill, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Experience: 0 yrs