Public Sector organisation require a Maintenance Supervisor from a time served electrical background.
Your new company
This is a large public sector organisation based in Newtownards who provide services to the public and the community across North Down and throughout the Ards Peninsula. They have a vast estate of buildings, land, parks and leisure facilities located across North Down and Newtownards.
Your new role
This is a temporary position for an initial 12 months based in Newtownards. You will be required to work in a shift pattern to accommodate the smooth running of events which may take place at evening and weekends. You will manage a team of in-house multi-skilled trades people as well as external contractors and sub-contractors.
The main duties of the job are:
- To assist in the planning, coordination and delivery of special events throughout the Ards and North Down area including the erection and dismantling of items, electrical fittings and equipment.
- The planning, programming and scheduling of events and routine maintenance work. This may include the surveying and costing of jobs and reporting any faults, damage etc. in relation to buildings, vehicles, plant and any other equipment owned by the organisation.
- To liaise and attend site meetings with outside control bodies, other inhouse departments and outside consultants and contractors on a variety of projects and events
- To design and install appropriate temporary electrical installations at events, ensuring compliance with all relevant British Standards
- To supervise and motivate employees including the allocation of work and monitoring of such work being carried out to required standards and in a timely manner.
- Carrying out practical Risk Assessments and eliminating risks where appropriate and investigating and reporting on any complaints received regarding services delivered and ensuring corrective action is taken where necessary.
- Liaise with manufacturers and suppliers and assist department staff with the specifying, ordering and delivery of various items of plant and monitoring the use of specialised equipment
What you'll need to succeed
To be suitable for this role you must have an NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in Electrical Installation. Two years' supervisory experience Experience managing rotas and assigning tasks to ensure effective service delivery Experience in delivering objectives in a time-bound environment with competing priorities.
It would be beneficial to have an HND (or equivalent) in a construction or building services related discipline, an event management qualification, IPAF Certification, or PASMA Certification.
Hold a valid driving licence with access to a vehicle.
You must be able to work evenings and weekends.
What you'll get in return
The salary will be £29,636 with paid annual leave, free on-site car parking.
You will be paid weekly via BACS transfer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs