A large contractor is currently looking for a permanent Commercial Vehicle Mechanic with an immediate start.
Your new company
A large contractor is currently looking to expand their team and are looking for an experienced Commercial Vehicle Mechanic to work out of their yard which is based just outside of Moira.
Your new role
You will be required to maintain and repair their fleet of vans. You will be responsible for troubleshooting issues and fixing them aiming to maximise reliability and functionality. You are expected to have good eye-hand coordination and have excellent problem-solving abilities. You must also be a good communicator to provide advice to the drivers.
- Inspecting vehicle engine, mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Routine maintenance work
- Routine inspection, service and repair for PSV/MOT
- Schedule future maintenance and advise on good vehicle use
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues
- Provide accurate estimates of time for a repair or maintenance job
- Keep logs on work and issues
- Call out when necessary
- Overtime essential when required
What you'll need to succeed
You will be required to have:
- Proven experience as mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical and electrics
- Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems
- Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment
- Observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals
- Good physical condition
- Relevant qualifications
- Being able to work alone.
- Being able to follow instructions.
- Having good communication and organisational skills.
- Being able to work to deadlines.
- Patience and communication
What you'll get in return
You will receive:
* A very competitive salary
* Holiday pay
* On site parking
* Paid overtime
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs