Commercial Manager / QS
Responsibilities of role:
- Maintain financial control of projects including preparing monthly job performance reviews and liaising with estimating and contracts teams to interrogate and provide clear, accurate reports for ongoing and completed projects.
- Liaising with contracts, estimating and pre-construction teams to obtain full understanding of each project scope and assisting with identification of potential variations.
- Review of job performance inline with budget to highlight any variances or potential over / under-spends and preparation of reports for review with estimating manager, contracts manager and contracts director.
- Overseeing monthly claim process and managing project variations
- Preparation, submission and negotiation of project variations and final accounts.
- Review and interrogation of all new and existing contracts / Orders received including negotiating with clients to ensure associated terms and conditions are relevant and acceptable.
- Preparation, review and award of subcontract packages for contracts teams.
- Attend monthly credit meetings to provide update on any ongoing contract specific negotiations / queries so credit team can chase payments accordingly.
- Preparation of project specific cash-flow projections and liaising with Estimating manager to assist in preparation and management of risk registers.
The above list is not exhaustive and additional/ alternative tasks may be required from time to time as directed.The person:
- Degree educated Quantity surveyor.
- A minimum of 8 years quantity surveyor experience in the construction industry sector.
- Good Microsoft Office skills - to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Commercially astute and ambitious
- Demonstrate a good ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Competitive Remuneration Package. negotiable depending on experience £40K++
- Pension Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Health Cash Plan.
- Annual Health Check.
- 30 days Annual Leave.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Graham Snoddy at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.
Experience: 0 yrs