BRIDGE TO EMPLOYMENT
Job opportunities for unemployed (Age 18+)
Gas Network Operatives
KIER (previously McNicholas), Throughout Northern Ireland.
Six weeks training course leading to job opportunities for the unemployed (aged 18+).
The Department for the Economy in conjunction with KIER has developed a training programme to meet the needs of the company.
Previous experience is not essential but applicants should:
- be numerate and literate;
- have a mechanical aptitude;
- have a full driving licence (applicants with up to 3 penalty points on their licence may be considered);
- be capable of undertaking outdoor work of a physically demanding nature; and
- be willing to work in all weathers.
In the event that short listing is required, an aptitude test and the following desirable criteria may be used to select applicants for interview.
- have previous experience in utility works or building works;
- have previous experience in physically demanding work and/or working outdoors.
The selection process for a training place will include an information day and an interview.
Starting pay after Bridge to Employment training is as follows:
Dependant on the role offered.
On successful completion of QCF Level 1 in National Construction Operations (Gas) (approximately 6 weeks) you qualify to work in a gang where there is potential to earn substantial bonuses.
Further information is available at your local Jobs & Benefits office or by clicking on the APPLY BUTTON.
Applications are welcome from those who meet the criteria irrespective of religious belief, political opinion, age, sexual orientation, disability, race, marital status, gender or whether or not they have dependants and women returning to the workforce.
Application forms are available at your local Jobs and Benefits Office. Completed application forms must be returned to any Jobs and Benefits Office to arrive not later than 4-00pm on Thursday 28th June 2018.
Reference Number: 1379585
KIER is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.