Full-Time 37 Hours per week
Our client a private housing association located in the heart of Belfast with offices throughout Northern Ireland seek to appoint a Housing Officer to join their team on a temporary full time basis. You will join a team of professionals who have been awarded excellence in customer services and who strive towards the development of quality homes in all locations of Northern Ireland for their clients.
Why This Role
As the housing Officer you will work with a team of professionals across all areas of operations who strive towards the creation and development of quality homes in order to meet the physical and interpersonal needs of all their clients throughout the province of Northern Ireland. You will be based at their offices just outside of Belfast in the heart of County Down.
As the housing officer you will be responsible for the housing management of a caseload of clients and managing both tenants and the community in which they will reside. You will have a caseload f clients in which you will be responsible for monitoring and auctioning any breaches of tenancy agreements, gathering information, allocation of properties and conduct inspections ensuring all health and safety measures are in place.
You will also be responsible for the following duties:
- Manage multiple accounts in relations to tenants such as rent and service charge
- Liaise with maintenance and services staff and verifying work has been completed to appropriate standard
- Work alongside the housing development team and attend meetings to discuss new projects
- Make recommendations to improve services for tenants
- Liaise with tenant applications and attend facilitated viewings
- Excellent knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft office
- Use of own car
- Hold or be working towards a professional qualification in housing and one year's experience in housing management
- Three years' experience in housing management
- Exceptional team working skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with the use of Housing Executive in-house computer system
- Experience in staff supervision
- Able to start ASAP
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's Including English and Maths Grades A-C
- Educated to A-level standard of Education
- Level 3 qualification in ICT
- Weekly pay at an hourly pay rate of £10.50 per hour
- Temporary position 3 months
- Role starting right away
- Opportunity to work with a great caseload of clientele and truly make a different to their home life
- Work as part of a team of professionals towards a greater goal of achieving excellence throughout all their NI operations
Laura Kearney email@example.com 02890313157
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs