Care Assistant - Day Duty
(36 hrs per week)
Hourly Rate: £8.72 per hour (overtime £10.90 per hour, breaks paid)
Hours on a rota basis. Shifts - 8am-8pm, 8am-2pm, 2pm-8pm
Closing date: 24th July 2020
Must have a capable, caring nature and be committed to the care of all residents within the Home. The person appointed will contribute to the creation of a homely, safe and enabling environment, permitting the maximum feasible development of each resident and to promote their dignity, independence and individuality. Availability to work evenings and weekends on a rota basis is essential.
- Assisting the residents to and from bed, washing and dressing and personal hygiene.
- Bathing and toileting residents, including hair washing, caring for nails and shaving of male residents.
- Observing physical well-being and reporting concerns to the Nurse-in-Charge/Nurse Manager.
- Serve meals to the residents and offer assistance as necessary, at all times promoting independence.
- Ensuring each resident has adequate personal clothing. Ensuring that clothing is clearly marked with the name of the resident. Taking soiled linen to laundry. Keeping drawers and wardrobes tidy.
- Ensure that beds are clean and comfortable, changing bed linen as required.
- Time permitting, chat to the residents and assist in ongoing activities.
- Liaise closely with the Nurse-in-Charge to co-ordinate residents’ care and the role of primary workers.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and mandatory training as required.
- Report hazards to the Nurse-in-Charge and log details in maintenance book.
- Ensure that all records are completed and important information is communicated to the Nurse-in-Charge.
- Act as a key worker for designated residents.
- Maintain NISCC Registration and comply with standards.
This description of duties is not meant to be definitive nor restrictive, and will be modified to meet changing needs.
Qualifications / Experience:
- 6 months experience in either Residential, Nursing or Community Care setting essential.
- Dementia experience desirable but not essential.
- Must be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Must be able to complete an enhanced AccessNI check.
To apply for a position, please telephone Joanne McCord on 028 9065 7799 or email by CLICKING APPLY FOR THIS JOB to request an application form.
Successful applicants will commence as soon as pre-employment checks completed.
Salary paid on last working day of each month by bank transfer. Payment in arrears for shifts from 21st of previous month to 20th of payment month.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Applicants must have the ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions in English