The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff members:
Support Assistants REF: 17/115/SW-D/WEB
The Support Assistant is part of the team whose function is to meet the practical, physical, socialand emotional needs of individuals who have learning disabilities and associated needs receiving services within the Supported Living Scheme.
The Support Assistant will provide the highest standard of person centred support and care to people who live at Dympna SLS and will deliver Cedar’s mission of providing quality support, care and accommodation to service users by upholding the organisation’s values of commitment, excellence, diversity, accountability and respect.
The Support Assistant will ensure their own actions and behaviour complies with Cedar’s policies and procedures in addition to statutory regulations and quality standards.
Hours: 20 -37.5 hours per week ( See Job Description)
Location: Dympna SLS – West Belfast
Commitment Bonus: £500 on completion of probation and £500 after one year of service
- English GCSE at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
- Registered or agreeable to applying for registration with the N. Ireland Social Care Council.
- Demonstrable evidence of 6 months experience of providing care / support for individuals within the last 2 years.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- NVQ 2 (Health & Social Care) or equivalent.
- Can demonstrate previous experience of supporting people with learning disabilities.
- Can demonstrate previous experience of supporting people who have displayed behaviours that significantly challenge.
· Can demonstrate previous experience of working in a Supported Living context.
· Knowledge of the needs of the client group
Apply online at
Closing Date: Ongoing recruitment
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER