Your new company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are recruiting for a Public Sector organisation based in Belfast for the appointment of a Finance Officer on a Permanent basis. Our client are highly regarded in their sector for the services they provide, they now require a new Finance Officer to join their busy finance department.
Your new role
In this Finance Officer job you will be reporting into the Financial Accountant and will be responsible for a variety of duties including; weekly and monthly payroll operation to include all relevant submissions to HMRC; administer all aspects of purchase & sales Ledger; write receipts for all cheques/income received and prepare lodgements. Ensure all cash received is recorded and posted to accounts software on a regular and timely basis; ensure that effective credit control is maintained, by regular review of Debtor Balances and pursuit of any debts not settled and complete monthly bank reconciliation's and assist with other balance sheet control account reconciliation's.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful you will need 5 GCSE's at grade C and above (including Maths and English), or equivalent
At least 1 years' experience working within a busy finance department and working knowledge of the following:
- Maintenance of purchase ledger including receipting, coding, inputting invoices on Sage 200, having invoices authorised for payment, reconciling supplier statements, generating supplier payments through BACS system and monthly creditors' ledger reconciliations.
- Preparation of cheque payments for authorisation and payment (as required).
- Maintenance of sales ledger including raising sales invoices, inputting sales invoices on Sage 200, credit control and monthly debtors ledger reconciliations.
- Monthly nominal ledger journals, preparation of monthly Management Accounts Pack, Variance Reports and Balance Sheet reconciliation.
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register.
- Inputting Annual Budget information into Sage 200.
- Input into External and Internal Audits.
- Update of the Financial Procedures Manual specifically regarding the Purchase/Sales Invoicing processes.
What you'll get in return
In return you will avail from working for a well-known public sector body in Belfast alongside some of the most experienced professionals in the industry, 32 days annual leave including bank holidays, company sick pay, flexitime and a competitive salary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs