Executive Assistant, Diocesan Curial Office
Our client is an established, respected and immediately recognisable registered charitable organisation whose principal object is the advancement of the Roman Catholic religion within its designated Diocese. Based on the outskirts of Belfast, the Curial Office is situated in a beautiful building, with parking facilities and easy access to motorway links.
As Executive Assistant within the Curial Office, you will be responsible for;
- Giving clerical support to the Bishop, Chancellor, Diocesan Secretary, Diocesan Civic Administrator and the Senior Management Team in the Curial Office.
- Giving preliminary advice to the faithful with regard to Baptisms, First Holy Communions, Sacrament of Reconciliation, Confirmations, Marriages, Sacrament of the Sick and Funeral Liturgies.
- Giving preliminary advice on the Lay Diaconate, Marriage Annulments, Reception into the Church, Papal Blessings and Audiences and other faith related matters.
- Answering the telephone and giving assistance or forwarding the call to the appropriate staff person.
- Typing minutes of all Diocesan Trust committees as submitted, and keeping a comprehensive file of all minutes. Sending out notices of meeting of all committees, as requested.
- Operating a computer system in the daily task of organizing and implementing Church business. Assisting in drafting and typing letters, reports, records, etc. as needed.
- Maintaining and updating database of mailing lists, membership status and committees.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the Diocesan website.
- Organising and sending mail. Completing postal forwarding of daily Diocesan mail.
- Maintaining a master calendar of all Diocesan activities.
- Scheduling meetings and arranging appointments as needed
We are seeking an experienced Executive Assistant/Secretary/ Senior Administrator with the following experience;
- A working knowledge of the administration of the Catholic faith within a Diocesan structure. This would include assistance in the general pastoral administration with a particular reference to the conferral of the Church's sacraments.
- Relevant experience in a similar position in a busy working environment.
- Knowledge and experience with database management to include looking at and analysing data, navigating database software and managing accounts and files.
- Experience of attending meetings as a minute taker and promptly producing accurate minutes.
Microsoft Office Software packages (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C+ including Maths & English.
Please note, applications for this role are open to suitably qualified candidates from all denominations /belief systems provided you can demonstrate the essential criteria.
To discuss the role in complete confidence, contact Mairead at Honeycomb on 028 90918590.
Experience: 0 yrs