Policy & Communications Officer (Part time - 22.5hrs) Permanent opportunity, Belfast location
Your new company
A dynamic professional leadership body operating in NI
Your new role
This person will offer effective support on the memberships public affairs and communication activities. They will have a pivotal role to coordinate public policy activity whilst ensuring that positions and messages are developed and communicated internally and externally in line with the organisation's strategic objectives.
Key day to day duties will include;
- Effective support and facilitation of the activity of the Policy and Practice Committee Efficient co-ordination of relevant public consultations
- Proactively develop relationships with relevant stakeholders to keep informed of recent policy developments as well as raising the organisation's external profile.
- Ensure effective engagement with local political structures
- Successful management of relationships with relevant media sources including press releases and management of press engagement
- Lead on the drafting of all communication activity including social media, website content and publication of the memberships e-Newsletter
What you'll need to succeed
Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant degree or equivalent
- Proven ability to synthesise complex issues and explain them simply
- Previous experience of policy co-ordination and development including liaison with political structures
- Previous experience of developing or responding to consultations.
- Good administration and research skills
- Experience of project management
- Evidence successful media management and compilation of press releases.
- Experience in the professional use of social media platforms and web content management systems
- Experience in writing and giving presentations and writing speeches.
- Ability to use IT systems efficiently and effectively (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience of working with Boards and Committees
- Experience of work in a social care or health-providing organisation
- Knowledge and experience of the Northern Ireland political system and/or UK Health Policy
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs