To assist and support the Playleader in providing a safe, stimulating and varied programme of play ensuring the wellbeing of children at all times.
1. Assist in the design, delivery of a balanced daily scheme programme of activities for children in the 5 - 11 age groups, to suit a range of varying interests and ability.
2. Ensure that children are properly supervised at all times and assist in supervising group outings according to guidelines; ensuring written parental permission is obtained in advance.
3. Record all accidents and ensure that the relevant Accident Form is completed.
4. Ensure both management and parents/guardians are informed of any incidents.
5. Be familiar with, and work within the Council's Health and Safety Policy, Child Protection Policy and Regulations.
6. Maintain a high level of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas used by the Summer Scheme including preparation and end of day cleaning duties.
7. Assist in the assembling and dismantling of all equipment to be deployed as part of the Summer Scheme.
8. Assist with the daily registration of children at the beginning and end of each session.
9. Undertake any other duties as required by the Duty Manager.
- At least 6 months experience working with children in a formal environment
- GCSE Maths & English (or equivalent OR
- 12 months experience in the supervision of children in lieu of qualifications
- Available from 3rd July - 25th August
Salary £7.97 per hr
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICANTS WEDNESDAY 19TH APRIL @ 5.00 PM
Experience: 0 yrs