Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require a Recreation Attendants to start ASAP
Pay rate: Weeks 1- 12 £7.83 p/h
Weeks 13+ £8.82 p/h
MAIN PURPOSE OF POST: To ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Centre and its facilities and activity programme, involving; the supervision and control of members of the public who will be using the facilities, enforcement of Health and Safety regulations and normal operating procedures. To maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the Centre, by following a daily programme of cleaning duties. Cover reception duties including, taking bookings, setting up equipment, answering telephones, till duties.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for setting up and taking down of equipment for centre bookings according to timetables as set by management and ensuring that activities, courses etc. operate efficiently. Adapt such timetables as required, acting on information provided by Duty Manager, Receptionists and Patrons, regarding alterations to bookings etc.
- Provide cover for reception, answering telephones, taking bookings, cash handling, cashing up. Deal with enquiries from members of the public.
- Responsible for administering First Aid, ensuring incidents are dealt with efficiently and promptly with due regard to the safety of fellow employees and public/casualties.
- Report defects in or damage to the building and equipment, fixtures and fittings of the facility to the Duty Manager. In the case of urgent or emergency situations, carry out replacement / repairs as are within the ability of the member of staff.
- Responsible for the safe and correct use of all cleaning chemicals used in the centre as specified by COSHH, ensuring that all cleaning is carried out in a safe manner with due regard for the health and safety of customers and other employees.
- Responsible for opening and closing the building as and when required.
- Assist or lead programmes running at the centre ensuring all Policies and Procedures are adhered to.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the centre and complete relevant documentation on such. On request, assist in maintaining standards of cleanliness for the outdoor boundaries of the centre eg: for special events, health & safety requirements.
- At all times ensure compliance with Council policy on Child Protection, both in carrying out duties and in supervision of members of the public. Complete a training course on such.
- Experience working as a Centre Attendant
- Cash handling experience
- Knowledge of Health and safety and Child Protection Issues
- Fist Aid Qualification
- Coaching Qualification from a governing body
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.
Experience: 0 yrs