Our client, A large Public Sector organisation require a Team Leader / Administrator (Tours & Exhibitions)
Dates: ASAP - 3+months
Pay rate: £9.37p/h
- To plan and supervise the work of all part-time and casual staff at the Tours & Exhibitions Reception and to provide an initial point of contact for visitor queries.
- To carry out the relevant duties at the Exhibition reception desk on the basis of the rotas developed by the Unit and to provide the highest levels of professionalism and customer care to tourists, visitors, the public
- To undertake a 'Concierge' role including:
- having responsibility for 'meeting and greeting' all visitors;
- acting as a single point of contact for all exhibition and tour enquiries and general visitor enquiries;
- providing general information on the exhibition themes, tours, and other local tourist attractions.
- To be responsible for the handling and security of cash, cheque, voucher, credit and debit card payments relating to personal sales and transactions including cashing-up, reconciliation and banking procedures.
- To be responsible for the issuing, monitoring and control of exhibition headsets and for ensuring that sufficient supplies of headsets are available to meet demand.
- To open and close the exhibition area each day and ensure all of the displays are presentable and that all systems & services are fully functional, and to report any faults promptly to the Functions & Exhibitions Manager.
- To maximise customer spend in the exhibition area through the hiring of multi-lingual headsets, merchandise, souvenir booklets and mobile apps etc.
- To deal with all reception desk enquiries, including the display, holding and issuing of relevant information, and as required to issue information on special events and initiatives.
- To manage and promote the merchandise areas, including the display, sale, rotation, replenishment and stock-taking of merchandise.
- To operate any software and information systems supplied, including the point-of-sale and booking systems.
- To provide a customer ticket sales and information service in person, email, post, and by telephone using the box office system including the issuing of tickets, reservations, refunds and exchanges and to aid patrons with special requirements.
- Assist in recording all visitors entering and leaving the exhibition and to issue and receive passes.
- To record statistical information and carry out other administrative duties as required.
- To assist with the wider operations of the Unit as required, including Reception cover, general administration and the provision a telephone-answering service.
- To assist in the provision of a range of routine business-related administrative activities including but not restricted to customer support, data input and extraction, compilation of relevant statistical information and general administration tasks as required.
- To compile and update relevant information on services provided by client and external bodies and provide this on request to tourists, visitors and members of the public.
- To monitor customer numbers and behaviour informing the management team of any potential situation or incidents which may require restricting access or the removal of visitors etc.
- To assist in the emergency evacuation of the area if so required.
- To report accidents, liaising with AED/First Aid Providers ensuring casualties are assisted quickly and effectively.
- To carry out light cleaning duties in the public reception and exhibition area when required in order to ensure that high standards are maintained.
- To assist with the induction and training of new staff and temporary cover workers on the duties and responsibilities of the post.
Applicants must have at least five GCSEs (Grades A - C) including English, or equivalent qualifications
- some evidence of staff supervision and the planning of work and rotas etc.;
- the provision of excellent customer service support to a varied clientele, and dealing effectively with members of the public - including difficult customers - in person or over the telephone;
- visitor attraction experience, including ticketing, cash handling, merchandising sales, provision of information to visitors, handling of queries, taking group bookings etc.;
- the use of ICT systems & services in a visitor attraction context.
If you are interested in the role and meet all the essential Criteria please upload your CV to the link provided and Sinéad McGivern will be in touch if shortlisted.
Experience: 0 yrs