Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large Public Sector Organisation in the Ards and North Down Borough to recruit a temporary Every Body Active Health and Fitness Coach for a duration of approx. 4 months with possible extension.
Pay rate: £10.08 per hour
Location: Throughout the Borough
- 5 GCSE Grade A-C or equivalent
- Minimum Level 3 Personal Trainer Qualification or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 Class/Group fitness qualifications e.g. Circuits/Les Mills/Pilates/kettle bells
- First aid qualification
- A minimum 1 year's experience of planning and delivering fitness sessions in a 1-1 and group setting
- A minimum of 1 year's experience in the provision of advice and guidance in relation to Nutrition/ Weight matters and other related subjects
- Ability to plan, lead and supervise health and fitness programmes
- Demonstrable ability to use a flexible and creative approach to the delivery of health and fitness programmes
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Good Knowledge of the role of sport and physical activity in the promotion of health and well-being
- Interest in developing and encouraging people's health through sport and physical activity
- Computer literate and confident user of the Microsoft office suite
- A valid driving licence with access to a form of transport that will allow fulfilment of the duties of the post or have access to a suitable form of transport which will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required
- REPS Level 3 Registered
- Degree in sports coaching
- GP/Exercise Referral
- Other relevant fitness qualifications e.g. Chair based exercise; Strength and conditioning; Indoor cycling qualification; Suspension Training
- Working with children/adolescents qualification Level 2 or equivalent
- Working in partnership with the public, private and voluntary sectors to develop innovate partnerships related to health and well-being
- 1 year's experience in at least two of the following under-represented groups:
- People with disability
- Women and girls
- People from socio-economically deprived areas
- Demonstrable experience of working on own initiative and as part of team
To assist the Sports Development Unit with the delivery of the Sport NI Every Body Active Programme within the Borough of Ards and North Down. To design, develop and deliver an innovative quality Health and Fitness programme across the Borough of Ards and North Down. The programme will have a particular emphasis on creating and promoting sport and physical activity opportunities for women & girls particularly the transitional 14-25-year age group, participants with a disability and participants from socio-economically deprived areas.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- To be responsible for designing, developing and delivering an innovative quality Health and Fitness programme in conjunction with local leisure facilities which will be implemented in a variety of settings across the Ards and North Down Borough area.
- To be responsible for delivering a structured and comprehensive programme of Health and Fitness which is progressive and inclusive to suit a variety of settings and meet the diverse needs of individuals and
- targeted groups.
- To identify and build relationships with key under represented, hard to reach and higher risk special populations within the local community, specific to their delivery needs.
- To manage time effectively and efficiently to ensure that all programmes are delivered equitably and to monitor progress in relation to Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) set.
- To manage the day-to-day administration and operational aspects of the programme including effectively managing own work programme and updating databases.
- To undertake further training as required
- To comply with and promote equality, health and safety in accordance with Council Policies and legal requirements.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post.
Note: The postholder will be required to be flexible and work evenings and weekends as required to fulfil the duties of the post.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided and we will be in touch to discuss the role.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
Experience: 0 yrs