Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
We are seeking an ambitious part-qualified accountant who has advanced analytical and reporting skills for the position of Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst. Working within a global firm, leading advancements in learning through innovative services and technology, you will become a key member of the Finance Services team who enable effective decision making through the preparation and delivery of financial planning and analysis to dedicated business areas while contributing to the budgeting and forecasting cycles.
Who are we looking for?
- An individual who can identify opportunities for process improvements and communicate innovative solutions
- Someone who is self-motivated, contributes to the team effort, and delivers service in a timely and accurate manner
- Someone who values company culture and helps in creating a collaborative team environment
- A strong communicator with high proficiency in analysis financial data and an understanding of how financial and non-financial data is presented
- A professional who can maintain customer satisfaction through service delivery excellence
What is the reward?
- Starting Salary circa. £25K-£30K per annum, depending on experience
- Competitive Benefits including Study Support and Bonus
- Full-time, permanent position, Monday – Friday
- Flexible working arrangements (hybrid model)
What are the key responsibilities?
- Preparation of ad-hoc analysis and production of reports to support accurate reporting and effective decision making
- Prepare variance analysis against performance targets
- Prepare monthly management reporting and assist with flash P&L reports
- Preparation of accruals and journal entries
- Support Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting cycles, meeting strict deadlines
- Reconciling data and investigate variances
- Processing of all responsibilities in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner
- Ensure all targets are met while maintaining service delivery at high levels of satisfaction
- Ad-hoc duties relating to the role, to contribute to team success
What do you need to be considered for this role?
- Experience in planning, budgeting, forecasting, and producing management information for decision making.
- Developed analytical and variance analysis skills; an ability to review and analyse financial data and explain results
- Understanding of financial control processes and functions
- Part qualified accountant with recognised professional body (e.g., ACCA or CIMA)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and finance ERP systems
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- A proven ability to efficiently manage high volume workload, prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and hit KPIs/Targets
- Experience in stakeholder management
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.