Corporate Tax Manager Belfast City Centre
Your new company
BDO specialises in helping businesses, whether start-ups or multinationals, to achieve their goals. This is achieved through our own professional expertise and by working directly with organisations and the entrepreneurs behind them. We have developed a robust understanding of the factors that govern business growth. Our objective is to use this to help our clients to maximise their potential.
Your new role
The aim of the Corporate Tax Department is to provide peace of mind to our clients. We offer solutions through our skills and experience. We are committed to providing a consistent service to our clients. The primary responsibility of the Corporate Tax Manager / Senior Manager will be to deal with all tax compliance affairs of clients and involved with related advisory matters. The Corporate Tax Manager / Senior Manager will also provide assistance to Directors/Partners in both client work and in the management of the Corporate Tax department and the wider Firm. A key part of the role requires the Corporate Tax Manager / Senior Manager to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about, any new business opportunities arising on existing and new clients.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering corporation tax compliance services in an efficient high-quality manner. This will include assisting in tax provisioning work where appropriate and interaction with HM Revenue and Customs on enquiry matters.
- Responsible for planning of tax compliance timetable and liaising closely with client teams where appropriate
- Responsible for all day to day tax compliance affairs of clients, and involved with related advisory matters. Act as a liaison between the client and other specialist teams within BDONI.
- Fulfil a consultancy role on ad-hoc projects within their field of knowledge
- Completing assignments within agreed budgets and timescales and identify opportunities for additional billings
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships with clients at senior levels, including developing a strong commercial understanding of their business
- Support Partners and Directors in the development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity
- To ensure that the firm's quality control procedures are adhered to as appropriate
- To identify risk and technical matters, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Support partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and internal business
- Recruit, develop, coach and supervise junior members of staff, which includes participating in recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place
- Encourage an open exchange of ideas and opinions within your team and ensure that there is a constant flow of information.
- Act as an ambassador of the Firm, participates in office marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of service the Firm offers.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree Qualified with a minimum of a 2:1 classification
- CTA or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Significant understanding of and previous experience within tax compliance and tax advisory
- Displays strong related corporate tax technical skills over a broad range of issues and the ability to research and conclude on new/developing tax technical issues
- Experience in Managing a small client portfolio and delivering exceptional client service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail & organisational skills
- Proven people management capability
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Anthony Handley on 02890446911.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs