MCS Group have partnered with a growing and fast paced local firm to appoint an experienced accountant. Ideally suited to an accountant coming from a practice background, who is looking for a chance to progress and simultaneously secure a centrally located role with an ethos for work life balance.
Our client are a well established accountancy practice based in Newry who are a recognised training firm who continue to receive word of mouth referrals and organic growth. They have a range of local and international clients and provide the full spectrum of accountancy services; Accounts & Audit, Bookkeeping, Tax Advisory & Compliance, Payroll, VAT, Outsourcing and Business Advisory.
As the successful Accountant, you will report directly into the Managing Director and manage your own small team of part qualified accountants and accounting technicians. Your team's daily responsibilities will cover;
- Preparing annual statutory accounts and monthly management accounts
- VAT returns
- Preparing and submitting corporation tax returns and self-assessment tax returns
- Processing and reviewing payroll
- RCT & CIS Returns
- Bookkeeping services
- Liaising with clients over phone and email (occasionally face to face) ranging from Sole Traders and Partnerships to Limited Companies
- Reviewing juniors work
- You may also have the opportunity to complete secondments in industry and may be required to assist clients with finance system set up and support.
The successful Accountant will be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 4 years' previous experience working in an accountancy practice (returners from industry will also be considered)
- Previous experience supporting and developing juniors
- An ACA or ACCA Qualification
As the successful Accountant you will be joining a busy and cohesive team where a fun and fast paced working culture has been instilled. You will receive a highly competitive remuneration package to include:
- An attractive base salary
- Car parking
- Significant opportunity to progress
- Competitive annual leave and pension
- Flexibility around core working hours
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Sara Mitchell, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 02896 935 521 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 02896 935 521.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs