This truly is a rare opportunity for an experienced tax technician to join a NI business that has a global presence. This is a newly created role that has heaps of potential to grow and progress as they maximize their lucrative VAT reclaims service.The Company
Our client is a leading retail company based in Co. Down and have multiple offices across NI, ROI & the UK. They supply their UK and ROI clients with a variety of products. Now is a good time to be joining the company as they continually grow and expand in their market.
If you're looking to gain a higher level of responsibility, this role is pivotal in bridging the relationship between the finance and operations teams and you will also be the go-to point of contact for all VAT agents across 12 European jurisdictions.
You will be responsible for both technical VAT reclaim and customer service duties. Internally, you will play a pivotal role between the finance and operations teams on all VAT reclaim matters. Externally, you will be the go-to contact for all European customers on VAT reclaims, as well as assisting the management team on a VAT registrations ad obligations.
Your duties will include;
- Manage the growing customer VAT reclaim business across UK, ROI & other European jurisdictions,
- Maintain up-to-date internal records while working closely with external stakeholders,
- Liaise with customers to gather information and become a key point of contact for any European VAT queries,
- Map existing VAT reclaim processes and identify areas for improvement and streamlining
- Support on-boarding of new customers and drive business growth,
- Assist with management of the group's VAT registrations and obligations across UK, ROI & other European jurisdictions, supporting growth in operations across Europe,
- Review and submit data required for company European VAT Returns and related filings such as EC Sales Listings,
- Assist with Ad hoc European VAT queries and participate in cross-functional projects,
- Liaise with, and deal with VAT compliance and audit enquiries from tax authorities,
- Provide intelligent and creative solutions to VAT issues both reactively and proactively.
Whilst experience in preparing VAT returns in essential, you will be provided in-depth training in order to transfer into an international business, therefore building on your skill-set and promoting future progression.
- 2 years demonstrable experience of preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Knowledge of Indirect Tax and tax accounting
- An understanding of internal Indirect Tax controls
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong organisation, planning and project management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- The ability to take ownership of work, initiate and implement change, and demonstrate a problem-solving approach.
This is the perfect time to get involved in such an exciting period for this locally renowned business as the extend this highly profitable service line. Given the infancy on the role and the future plans to expand the team, the opportunity for progression is unparalleled. You will enjoy a high level of autonomy in a team that has significantly low staff turnover, and who value having fun whilst getting the job at hand done to the highest standard.
- Competitive base salary, based on the level of experience
- Study support for the CTAs
- Gym membership
- Company laptop
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Sara Mitchell, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit our website to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us for more information 07850458339.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs