MCS Group is delighted to be partnering with a successful local business in the appointment of a Company Accountant.
This client has been trading for over 30 years in the distribution industry and have a wealth of clients across the UK and Ireland seeing their customer base grow fruitfully and currently have an opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join the team.
The successful candidate will ideally be a Professionally Qualified Accountant who can demonstrate experience preparing monthly management accounts, overseeing the finance department, liaising with the company Directors and senior team and third party providers such as financial institutions and external accountants.
Key Responsibilities involved will include;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Monthly projections on a daily basis for the Managing Director
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Statutory returns
- Managing of the banking facilities
- Preparation and execution of Payroll (weekly and monthly)
- Management of Company insurances
- Oversight of the finance team and the wider business in the absence of Company Directors
- Oversight of Health & Safety, liaison with appointed representative
- Management of the HR function and escalation when necessary
- Professionally Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
- Experienced, commercially aware individual
- Experience of accountancy software programmes (Pegasus Opera/Navision desired)
- Fully proficient with MS Office suite, specifically Excel
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience of managing a small finance team, desired
- Experience dealing with Health & Safety and HR queries, desired
- The gravitas to gain respect from peers and external parties
- Capable of building good working relations both internally and externally
Salary will be commensurate with experience and in the region of £40,000-£45,000.
For further details on this position, or any other Senior Finance job, please contact Nadine Savage on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs