MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting a Bookkeeper for a fantastic firm outside of Hillsborough.
Our client has an incredible reputation for providing legal services to the local community for over 40 years. Due to retirement, we have an opportunity for an experienced bookkeeper to join the team and play a vital role in supporting the partners. Legal experience is desirable, but we have an advantage to train and develop if not.
Job: Legal Bookkeeper
You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the finance function that includes internal and client accounts. You'll join a team who are rewarded for their work and a special culture which makes this a great place to work!
Supporting the Partners your experience will be the following:
- Preparation of month end management accounts including P&L reports
- Preparing and posting journals
- Overseeing a small monthly payroll
- Ensuring accurate daily recording of all financial transactions to the Accounting Software package
- Managing client ledgers including the opening and closing of client matters
- Reviewing draft invoices/statements for accuracy and posting to the accounting system
- Allocating time recordings against fees billed
- Ensuring payments are correctly allocated against outstanding invoices.
- Managing the Purchase Ledger
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Assist for month and year end activities.
- Previous experience in legal bookkeeping role is desirable.
- Demonstrate 3+ years similar finance experience.
- Possess a good understanding of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines is essential.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Stephen Turkington, Manager at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs