MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting an assistant management accountant for our client based on the outskirts of Belfast, Co.Down
This is an exciting time to be joining the business who specialise in the leisure service sector. With a fantastic year on year growth this SME offers a motivated part qualified accountant the exciting opportunity to progress their career in a PLC with massive growth plans!
Job: Assistant Management Accountant
You will be responsible for the day to day financials and play a vital role in maintaining the smooth running of this commercial operation. You must be motivated and passionate in providing an exemplary level of service combined with a strong work ethic.
Reporting to the Financial Controller your responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist in bringing monthly management accounts to trial balance
- Assisting with month end reconciliations including general ledger, balance sheet
- Prepare and post Journals (Accruals, prepayments, depreciation etc.)
- Preparation and submission of VAT
- Responsible for the purchase ledger function
- Sales ledger & purchase ledger duties
- Assist with yearend audit
- liaising with other departments to reconcile queries
- 2 years' experience in a similar finance function in a fast-paced environment
- Part qualified in one of the main Accounting bodies or qualified in IATI or AAT
- Previous experience in Sage desirable along with experience in Microsoft Office, including
- A self-motivator with high attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and able to meet deadlines
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs