MCS Group is working exclusively with a vibrant manufacturing company in North Down for an Accounting Technician to join their operations.
This is a fantastic job opportunity for an Accounting Technician or part qualified accountant to be part of a growing business with a high-end attractable brand in a thriving market!
With double digit growth year on year you will play a key role in Finance with a genuine career pathway to build out a team in the nearer future.
Job: Accounting Technician
This will be a standalone position reporting into a Finance director. We are seeking someone with a good commercial mindset who can identify opportunities which will add value to the business.
Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Processing of invoices, payments and month end close for Sales Ledger / Purchase Ledger
- Complete periodic reconciliations on all control accounts including bank accounts, cash accounts and analysis of all revenue Items and reconciliation to Ledgers
- Preparation and Reconciliation of VAT Return for submission
- Looking after the credit control function
- Assist FD in implementation of new systems and procedures
- Assisting in preparation of management and statutory accounts
- Assist with the development of KPI's including sales reporting
- Controlling to stock and compliance reporting to HRMC
Candidates should have the following attributes:
- Demonstrate similar experience in a busy finance function
- Accounting Technician qualification or a part qualified accountant
- Strong IT skills, particularly in excel
- Ability to work in a busy environment and use your own initiative
- Combine excellent communication skills
- Full, valid driving licence
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Manager at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs