MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting an Accounting Technician for an excellent growing company located in Dundonald.
This is an excellent time to be joining the business who specialise in FMCG. With 22% growth year on year, our client has an impressive strategic plan to double turnover within 3 years. This is an excellent opportunity for a commercially minded Accounting Technician to join a leading SME with an excellent culture that rewards employees.
Job: Accounting Technician / Part Qualified Accountant
You will be responsible for the smooth running of the finance function. Working in a small team with great camaraderie you will be responsible in bringing accounts to trial balance whilst making sound financial decisions and recommendations to the board.
Working closely with the company accountant your responsibilities are as follows:
- Bringing monthly management accounts to trial balance
- Financial planning including budget preparation, cash flow management, assessment of profit margins and provide regular reporting as required
- Ensuring transactions are processed and recorded accurately
- Preparation and review of weekly, monthly & periodic sales team reports including sales, debtors, and KPI's etc
- Manage the overall integrity of the stock control system on Sage, including standard product costing system, product categories, reporting and product profitability
- Manage the company's FX strategy and analysis of exchange rates to take advantage of any beneficial financial opportunities
- Processing of salaries and wages including PAYE, NIC, Pension and all statutory taxation requirements
- Establish, develop and manage the IT hardware and software systems including Sage
- Ensure compliance with all statutory regulations and accounting standards
- Liaise and arrange insurance coverage annually
- Liaise with our clients HR consultants regarding compliance (limited)
- 3+ years' experience in a similar position
- Experience with financial management reporting systems and processes
- Well organised and self-motivated with the ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, independently and as part of a team
- Evidence of commercial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs