Your New Company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are recruiting on behalf of a known charity for a Finance Assistant. This rewarding role is immediately available on a temporary basis and will be based in Newtownards.
Your New Role
Your main responsibilities/duties will be the following:
- To analyse, process and monitor petty cash receipts and payments.
- To assist with the processing of all sales and purchase invoices
- To prepare bank lodgements and present to the bank on a weekly basis.
- To prepare funder returns in line with funder requirements within specified timescales.
- To review and monitor staff timesheets to include maintaining a schedule of ESF hours and timesheets received.
- To assist in the preparation of the bank reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- To assist in the preparation of information required for audit, annual accounts, budgets and other ad-hoc exercises.
- To provide effective and efficient administrative support within the finance department including filing in an accurate manner.
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Head of Business Support or Finance Manager.
What You'll Need To Succeed
You will need the following:
- Both English and Maths GCSE (A-C) or equivalent.
- Strong IT skills including confidence in using the Microsoft Office package, namely Excel.
- Recent working experience in a financial environment, inclusive of working experience using Sage
What You Need To Do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Rachel at (028) 9044 6911.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs