Do you thrive in a professional, boutique, specialist law firm? Do you want a new challenge where you can establish yourself within a business for a long time? Do you wish to work with consummate professionals on a daily basis?
If so then we've got an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Legal Bookkeeper to join an SME boutique legal firm in Dromore Co. Down
Key duties include:
- Checking and inputting bills.
- Transferring costs from Client Account to Office Account.
- Drawing Office Account cheques and posting direct debits that relate to the client's ledgers.
- Writing off disbursements and Work in Progress within the agreed limits
- Aiding non-finance staff (predominantly fee earners) with transaction/client ledger-related queries.
- Daily banking of client account funds and keying the receipts into the computerised client ledgers.
- Processing of incoming telegraphic transfers involves checking, recording and crediting the receipts to the correct client's ledger.
- Processing of client payments
- Dealing with any internal and external inquiries, keeping in mind client confidentiality
- Arranging transfers to and from designated deposit accounts.
- Dealing with requests for interest calculations.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Previous bookkeeping experience in a legal firm would be an advantage but not essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to engage with senior stakeholders externally and internally
If this sounds like you then click apply for a confidential chat
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Experience: 0 yrs