AML/KYC Compliance Manager
Abacus Group are pleased to be recruiting for an AML/KYC Compliance Manager on behalf of an expanding global law firm who are considered one of the leading firms in the UK. After recently being recognised as the World’s Strongest Law Firm brand for the 11th consecutive year you will be joining a modern, forward-thinking firm who put staff and people development at their forefront. Based out of their unrivalled modern office in Belfast you will be joining a firm that has taken the legal industry by storm.
- Excellent basic salary on offer and great reward package!!
- Responsible for AML/KYC service delivery in Centres, ensuring high quality output from the Centre team
- In partnership with the AML/KYC Service Owner develop work management strategies ensuring SLAs and KPIs are maintained, trends are identified, and volumes managed effectively
- Leverage dashboards and available reporting to maintain daily oversight of requests, measure analyst productivity, assess right first time rates, and develop any required actions based on findings.
- Be directly involved in the team's operations and lead by example.
- Undertake AML and Sanctions screening, beneficial ownership research, risk assessment, document verification, on-going monitoring and periodic review where necessary, and provide guidance to the team and In-Market personnel on these topics
- Deal directly with In-Market queries, providing support for more junior members of staff
- Provide expert guidance in relation to AML/KYC regulations, processes, and procedures, and collaborate with relevant in-market teams and team members to ensure understanding and compliance
- Responsible for the training and development of team members, ensuring training conducted at a Centre level is aligned with agreed functional and service processes and procedures
- Support analysts in their roles and support departmental performance and success through technical and critical skills training; identify training needs and work with the team to ensure they have the training and support required to perform competently in their roles
- Responsible for new hire activities in the Centre, including but not limited to induction activities, recruitment, probationary reviews, updating the Service Owner on progress of each
- Work with the Service Owner to develop and implement quality assurance reviews ensuring all team members receive constructive feedback, with a view to continuous improvement and excellent service delivery
- Performance Management responsibilities are an important aspect of the role; hold regular one to one meetings with team members and contribute towards performance management; work with peers and the manager to ensure objectives, benchmarks and performance expectations are aligned across the AML/KYC department and are consistently applied
- Responsible for assisting in complex queries, including escalation decisions
- Meet regularly with Escalate review teams and other stakeholders to gather feedback on Centre performance, and in collaboration with the Service Owner develop actions as necessary
- Coordinate activities with system vendors, providing regular feedback, documenting requirements or raising issues where necessary to ensure operational and process effectiveness
- Promote the Firm values of collaboration and a culture of friendship amongst the team
- Act as a point of contact for internal testing and audit requirements
- Minimum of a 2:1 preferably in a business / law related degree.
- Proven experience of working in a professional services environment within an AML/KYC role
- Management experience with proven ability to build and lead a successful team
- AML/KYC SME with a strong knowledge and understanding of AML/CTF/Sanctions regulations and requirements, and financial crime risks associated with the range of services in the legal industry
- Nicky Strutt
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.