Abacus Careers are working with a fantastic company on their search for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk a diverse client base across UK, this is a fantastic opportunity based in Banbridge for someone with excellent excel and reporting skills experience to join a company with an unrivalled reputation and a terrific team environment
- Maintain Purchase Ledger in an accurate and timely manner
- Tasks include registering of invoices /credit notes received daily, processing receipt of goods, matching with purchase order and POD uploads from our internal ordering APP and ensuring controls at each stage agree with supporting records
- Ensure Non-PO invoices are authorised, coded and processed.
- Ensure all supplier invoices are processed in accordance with laid down company procedures and audit regulations, carrying out any follow ups when necessary.
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues. Ensure resolved queries are actioned and removed from query on a daily basis.
- Ensure weekly sub-contractor invoices are checked to payment certificates, resolving any discrepancies and processing in a timely manner
- Processing of company credit cards
- Prepare and process payments for weekly and monthly BACS payment runs to ensure suppliers are paid within agreed terms
- Have at least 2 years' experience in Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger
- Be highly motivated and be capable of working on their own initiative and without supervision
- Have previous experience in MS office applications including Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
- Possess excellent communication skills as demonstrated on their application form and at interview
- Exhibit excellent organisational skills and attention to detail along with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
If you are interested in discussing further, please apply immediately
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Experience: 0 yrs