Your new role
International Organisation within the Utilities Sector are building out their DevOps team
Your new role
As a member of the DevOps team you will build and roll out key pipeline technology. This is an excellent opportunity to gain expertise in many different tools and technologies and make an impact in an enterprise organisation gaining exposure to the business and technology initiatives and making business improvements
The successful candidates will work as part of a small flexible team to take the administration of multiple customer facing servers to the next level.
This will involve coordinating with multiple application development teams as well as field support engineers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to help automate, deploy and secure customer facing Cloud solutions using DevOps practices such as automation, CI Pipelines and Infrastructure as Code.
You will work alongside Software Development, Product and Operations teams to identify and eliminate constraints in the product life cycle. You will help to develop monitoring and alerting for AWS deployed platforms and software in order to support sustained and reliable availability of internal and production systems.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is ambitious and not afraid to take ownership, someone with strong technical problem-solving skills and who is collaborative with development teams and has a passion to automate and will keep up to date with current trends in technology.
You will be working alongside the small, existing team but will be expected to bring additional knowledge and experience to aid the growth and expansion of the company. successful candidate must be available for participation in the on-call rotation schedule and occasional travel.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role (SRE, Cloud infrastructure/DevOps)
- Experience of producing technical and process documentation
- An understanding of the software development process.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience of container technologies (Docker or Podman)
- Automation using Jenkins
- Experience of AWS services (VPC, Security Group, EC2, Route53, IAM, S3, AWS-cli)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration Pipelines (Gitlab CI, Travis CI, etc.)
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (Shell, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with Source Control Management (Git, SVN)
- Demonstrable Linux Systems Administration (Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Experience with Web servers (Apache, NGINX)
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
- Service monitoring and graphing tools (Prometheus + Grafana, Nagios + Munin)
- Elastic stack
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
What you'll get in return
Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progression, and take your career to the next level . A comprehensive benefits package is on offer for the right individual commensurate with the calibre of this firm.
- Company Pension, Healthcare & Life Assurance Schemes
- On-site parking
- Flexible / Remote Working
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Wellness programmes
Experience: 0 yrs