Your new company
Based in Lisburn, a market leader in Water, Environmental and Civil Engineering industry who has been providing a diverse range of services for over 40 years throughout the UK and Ireland. This main contractor are currently expanding and are looking to appoint an Intermediate level Electrical Design Engineer to work on MEICA projects in their Water/Wastewater division.
Your new role
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, the Electrical Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Basic Electrical and ICA design including but not limited to load and protection calculation, single line diagrams, block cable diagrams, I/O list, instrumentation schedules, cable schedules, cable routing and layouts;
- Liaising with sub-contractors and suppliers for most safe and efficient design results;
- Working together with design team and provide necessary details for completion of design and further as-built documentation;
- Verification of electrical design by others prior to manufacturing of electrical panels;
- Supervision of installation and commissioning sub-contractors of various water and wastewater systems;
- Take part in M&E project delivery from outline pre-contracts design stage to final project handover ensuring optimum E&ICA solution is provided
- Producing specifications, general outline and detailed system design drawings
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in Electrical Engineering or a relevant M&E discipline. A minimum of 3 years experience working in an electrical design role with strong understanding of electrical systems including competent use of AutoCAD. Knowledge of Amtech, PLC Automated Systems and/or experience from a Water/Wastewater industry is desirable.
What you'll get in return
This is a unique opportunity to work with an established and successful main contractor to work on major infrastructure projects across Ireland. This permanent position offers an excellent remuneration package to the successful candidate along with a range of benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs