Financial Accountant - Lisburn (Exclusive)
MCS Group are proud to be exclusively partnering with Artemis Technologies as they seek to recruit a Financial Accountant to join their growing Finance function based in Lisburn.
Artemis Technologies is an innovative applied technologies spin-off from the successful Artemis Racing America's Cup team. Now based in Lisburn, the company provides engineering services to high-performance and commercial clients and in just three years have already established themselves as the world's leading high-performance maritime design and applied technologies company. With sustainability and the environment taking an increasingly prominent place in the political, social and economic agenda, now is a great time to join a company with an exciting vision of leading the way in the decarbonisation of the maritime industry.
Due to the continued growth of the Company and their ambitious plans, they have created a new role within their finance department. The Financial Accountant will work closely with the existing team to meet financial, grant and taxation reporting and compliance requirements and timelines.
In addition, one of the key initial requirements of the role will be the implementation of the new ERP system, Microsoft Business Central. This will include working with the other department members and the external software partner to develop the ERP to meet the organisation's requirements, with particular emphasis on the automation of the Finance Department's systems, processes, and reports.
On a day-to-day basis the successful Financial Accountant will be reporting directly to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Implementation of a new ERP finance system;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and reporting packs;
- Assist with budgeting, cash flow and forecasts;
- Develop financial policies, procedures and standards;
- Liaise with external auditors;
- Liaise with tax advisers for preparation of corporate tax returns and R&D tax claims;
- Other duties as outlined in full job description.
The successful Financial Accountant will meet the following criteria:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified;
- Experience in ERP projects ideally within manufacturing or R&D environments
- Relevant industry experience;
- Strong technical accounting knowledge;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- An ability to demonstrate the key competencies outlined in the full description
Relevant Information & Practical Requirements:
- The Position is available immediately at the Company's offices at Lisburn, expected to move to a location in the Belfast Harbour area in 2021.
As the successful Financial Accountant, you will receive the following:
- Market leading remuneration package plus benefits.
- 25 days holiday + 10 statutory days;
- You will be joining a small, multi-professional, friendly, highly qualified team.
Artemis Technologies is an equal opportunities employer and therefore is committed to promoting diversity and equality of opportunity and does not discriminate, whether on grounds of rance, gender, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment, disability, age, class, religion or belief, community background or passport held. These Principles underpin their professional behaviour and are embedded in their policies, procedures, day-to-day practices and external relationships. Artemis Technologies therefore welcome and encourage job applications from a fully diverse range of candidates.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Adam Macklin, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Experience: 0 yrs