Your New Company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are exclusively recruiting on behalf of a large Public Sector Organisation based in Lisburn for the appointment of an interim Accountant & Contracts Manager. This role will last for approximately 6 months, and will award a highly competitive hourly rate and generous holiday entitlement.
Your New Role
The job duties will include but not be limited to:
- Support the Management Accountant to formulate financial forecasts and plans to enable service delivery.
- Maintain Management Accounting systems and ensure compliance with month end / year end routines in accordance with strict accounting deadlines. This includes posting journals and maintaining accurate records to support these.
- Assist as required in the preparation of the monthly management accounts for both the Revenue & Capital Accounts, identifying variances between planned and actual spend to ensure that budgets are met.
- Provide advice to other Departments as required on the development of business cases; and to manage the preparation and / or review of appropriate business cases, tenders and quotations
- Support the preparation of monitoring returns for the Board, Corporate Management Team and the sponsoring government Department.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of an Assurance & Accountability Framework for Procurement & Contract Management activities within the organisation, detailing roles, responsibilities, performance measures and reporting responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain a Procurement & Contract Management Risk Register.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Be a full, current member of a CCAB / CCAB Ireland recognised body;
- Have at least 2 years' relevant experience within a large complex organisation * of at least two of the following:
(a) Financial management including the preparation of monthly management accounts
(b) Procurement & Contract Management
(c) the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements.
What You Need to do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs