Do you have experience in B2B research?
Do you have strong commercial awareness and a keen interest in business?
Would you like to work for one of NI's leading employers?
We are currently recruiting for a Research Assistant to join one of our large legal clients based in Belfast City Centre for an 8 month contract.
What you will be doing:
- Undertake research on a busy enquiry desk: providing legal, business and press research information to the global firm;
- Provide company information on existing and prospective clients, using company research resources and in some cases producing bespoke reports;
- Contribute to or producing practice/sector specific alerts and bulletins;
- Communicate with requesters to identify requirements and negotiate deadlines;
- Build strong working relationships across the UK research team in the Belfast and London offices;
- Contribute to the development of new products in response to the needs of the firm;
- Contribute to the running of the research service through the scheduling of work;
- Undertake administrative tasks to track the use of the service as required;
- Support users in their use of online resources;
- Contribute to the evaluation of new products as and when required.
What you will have:
- 2-3 years experience in a business-to-business research capacity
- Strong commercial awareness and a demonstrable interest in business/finance
- Experience of undertaking press searches and ideally familiarity of systems such as Factiva or Lexis
- Experience of using financial databases to find M&A information and financial documentation such as MergerMarket, Thomson One and/or PI Filings Expert
- Have an understanding of different types of companies and how to research them
- The ability to abstract, write fluently and present research results in an appropriate and effective manner.
- Good standard of numeracy; ability to evaluate and use data
- Experience of using Word styles and templates
- Excellent PC skills, including a good working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
To hear more about this role, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Aisleen on 02890313157
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Experience: 0 yrs