Our client is looking for a competent Executive Assistant to support high-ranking officials in our clients company. You will be the one to organize and maintain the Director's schedule and assist them by performing a variety of administrative tasks
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organising and maintaining the Directors diaries and scheduling appointments (updating both the physical and electronic diaries)
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, for the board of Directors, often corresponding on behalf of the Directors.
- To filter all incoming telephone calls, both from the main switchboard and private direct lines and to ensure that all messages are properly and promptly attended to with due priority and initiative when appropriate.
- Meeting and greeting of visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Provide appropriate hospitality and follow up housekeeping. A daily coffee break rota is provided for the Company Directors and from time to time lunch arrangements may be necessary.
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring the Directors are well prepared for meetings. Also to take minutes at the Monthly Management meeting.
- Taking dictation and minutes for correspondence and record keeping.
- To initiate communication of common information and correspondence to other colleagues, clients, and suppliers.
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and provide assistance during presentations as appropriate.
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings.
- To understand and be able to interrogate the companies IT systems in order to provide operating and management information in relation to the departments and functions controlled by the Directors.
- Be responsible for the distribution of price lists to the sales force and maintenance of price list files.
- Devise and maintain office systems, including data management, physical and electronic filing, etc.
- To plan and co-ordinate business trips, confirm visits & appointments as well as book travel and hotel accommodation for the Directors, their relevant teams and departments, as appropriate
- Be prepared to travel with a Director to take notes, dictation or assistance at meetings, locally and abroad, if required.
- To organise, co-ordinate and attend the event management of social occasions and trade exhibitions, as required on behalf of the company’s business
- Assist the Directors with any personal travel arrangements or personal administration, etc.
- Additional duties may include carrying out specific projects and research at the discretion and priority of the Directors. The role will require an extensive knowledge and understanding of the companies systems, aims and objectives, also key personnel, clients and stakeholders (internal and external).
Qualification and Experience
- 5 GCSE inc. Maths and English or equivalent
- RSA Stage 2 in Word Processing/ Audio Typing or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in a similar PA or Executive Secretary role at Senior Level
- Previous experience of organising an executive level diary, both electronic and hard copy
- Previous experience of organising filing systems and dealing with executive level correspondence
- Previous experience of corporate international travel and accommodation arrangements
- Valid UK Driving Licence
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent organisational ability
- Good organisational skills, including excellent note/ minute taking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Software products and or similar
Hours: 40hrs - The role is in an international business environment, so the flexibility to work outside normal hours is required
If you would like to apply for this role, send us your CV via the link provided or if you would like to discuss this position in absolute confidence, contact the Sales Team at Task Recruitment on 02890421047
If this position does not suit, we may have others that do. Visit our website taskrecruitment.com to see our current jobs.