MCS group has been appointed by a well-established, Ulster firm to recruit a talented Engineering Director for their high-spec Dubai facility. The company is emerging as a future market leader in their sector and the purpose of the role is to ensure the efficient and profitable operation on all aspects of the Dubai facility. This role will provide return flights at least twice per year for the person and their family.
This is an exciting role to successfully drive results through change and continual improvement techniques. You will be the most senior person at the Dubai facility with the Operations Manager and senior management team reporting to you. You will have full responsibility for the successful performance of the business, taking responsibility for the Operations, Manufacturing, Commercial, Organisational Development and Health & Safety.
As Engineering Director, the focus will be on providing leadership to a growing team and ensuring operations are run to their optimal performance, whilst positioning the business for further growth. It is critical that the Engineering Director embeds a culture of high performance within the workforce, developing commercial awareness across the organisation and ensuring that there is a focus on providing superior service and quality.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for the successful person (and immediate family) to live and experience Dubai. We are seeking applications from candidates with the following attributes:
- 5 - 10 years' management experience within production, manufacturing or engineering environments.
- Proven track record in leading a multi-functional team, driving results and improvements in each area of responsibility and ensuring staff engagement at all levels.
- Strong Profit & Loss accountability and a track record of achieving manufacturing / business growth
- Background in setting and measuring key performance indicators, metrics, best practice assessments and performance management against these.
- Demonstrable success in leading the development and implementation of process improvement and efficiency programmes (specific knowledge / expertise of LEAN and / or Six Sigma tools would be beneficial).
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Brendan Catney, Manager - Technical & Engineering at MCS Group on 02890 235 456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
Experience: 0 yrs