In partnership with our client, a major London-based Distribution Network Operator, we are currently inviting applications for the post of Senior Asset Engineer (Civils).
The Asset Management Directorate's primary role is to help ensure the company is equipped to tackle the regulatory challenges which it faces. The ambition is to be regarded as the industry leader, and as such we are looking for engineering talent with the vision and motivation to lead the change.
- The Senior Asset Engineer will be expected to demonstrate significant leadership and technical competencies. These could have been gained through a previous job role, or through managing a range of complex and diverse projects. The successful candidate will possess a thorough understanding of the design and operation of civil and building assets owned and operated by the company.
- The Senior Asset Engineer will also need be able to lead the flood protection programme and the oil containment programme by setting strategy and developing programmes with our Capital Programme partners in order meet critical Ofgem targets; they will also need to be able to report progress at all levels including government departments.
- The successful candidate will be the point of contact within the organisation for technical queries on civil and building assets and associated structures and to support the development of the civil standards through promoting and supporting innovation They will also need to liaise and develop contacts with developers where proposals or interventions could impact on the company's assets.
- As a Senior Asset Engineer, you will need to show you have the required competencies to engage, communicate, listen, motivate and inspire achievement of stretch targets, and the strategic skill set to think outside the box, with expertise and knowledge to develop innovative strategies to overcome very complex and challenging engineering problems.
- The role requires the management of a portfolio of projects and areas of responsibility, to be technically competent in dealing with a wider range of technical issues and mentor and coach less experienced engineers in the team.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Degree level or equivalent experience in engineering or science.
- Safety management qualification such as IOSH certificate or equivalent.
- Chartered status and membership of a professional body such as the Institute of Civil Engineers is highly desirable.
- Project/programme management qualification at APMP / Prince2 level or equivalent preferred.
- Experience of operating at an appropriate senior engineering level either through line management or leading complex and diverse projects.
Depending on the experience and skills of the successful candidate the salary will be in the region of £52,711 - £71,368
For further information please contact Diarmaid at Corvus Recruitment or apply attaching your CV using the link provided.
Experience: 0 yrs