MCS are proud to be partnering up with a global enterprise payments solution provider who are currently hiring remotely across various positions. Opportunity to join a new remote team building out next generation product offerings!
If you're looking for a unique opportunity to establish a Technical Documentation organization with the oversight to design, implement, and lead a group responsible for delivering a best in class service - read on.
Our client are building the next generation of capabilities that powers our merchant-first ecosystem. The radical and responsible delivery of value is their mandate. They believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. You'll find that they are a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and we're looking for like-minded individuals to join us on our journey.
What you will do
The Staff Technical Writer is responsible for creating documentation that effectively transfers knowledge to appropriate relevant audiences. The Staff Technical Writer synthesizes company objectives with the audience needs analyses and usability assessments to design, test, and refine documentation. The individual will focus on our clients Product, Engineering, and Technical Operation functions, and therefore experience with software development, quality assurance, networking, storage systems, virtualization, security, business continuity, and ITIL best practices is highly desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with other departments to acquire/disseminate information on time.
- Suggest innovations for work processes.
- Actively seek out opportunities to reuse work and collaborate with other efforts.
- Drive documentation standards and process improvement efforts.
- Contribute a user perspective and constructive criticism to product design, while demonstrating ownership of areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to professional debate and partake in implementation toward change (e.g., corporate policy, process, or task-related modifications).
- Research, analyze, organize, design, and develop a consistent authoring, storage, and presentation of technical information.
- Synthesize our clients product requirements and company objectives with the audience's needs for technical information.
- Effectively edit documentation and other information products for non-documentation colleagues.
- Pursue job/career-related learning outside of the scope of assigned tasks (classes, reading.).
- Impart knowledge to the less experienced in areas of expertise.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years' experience in a related position.
- Advanced understanding of authoring, screen capture, image editing, and publishing tools.
- Innovative document design skills (e.g., style, page, and document design).
- Familiarity with current web technologies (browsers, servers, XML/XSL, protocols).
- Experience with distributed, web-oriented computing architectures and concepts.
- Understanding of databases, networking, storage systems, data security, and virtualization a plus.
- Able to work on several projects at once and take ownership of task schedules.
- Demonstrate full proficiency in writing skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze and organize complex material.
- Demonstrate skill at getting documentation reviewed and eliciting feedback.
- Adapt quickly to new technologies and methodologies; advocates for change when necessary.
- Strong ability to successfully manage concurrent deliverables on time and with quality within fast-paced environment and under deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Christian Campbell, Senior IT Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs