Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client is a globally respected engineering organisation, providing white collar, Blue collar and engineering services to many sectors including energy, aerospace, marine and defence. They are committed to innovation and the continual pursuit of improvement, and with a brand holding over 100 years of service they are now developing their technology capabilities, venturing into new markets and building their customer base further.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Junior Buyer for a 12 months contract based in Derby.
Strategic Sourcing: Develop and execute commodity strategy(s) and execute the sourcing process.
Supplier Relationships: Lead and coordinate supplier relationships and strategy(s) with suppliers.
Cost Management: Create and deploy Cost Models for designated commodities, developing and delivering the agreed financial commitments
Process & Procedures: Ensure adherence to the company's processes and procedures.
Code of Ethics: Adhere to company's code of ethics
You will be supporting to supply chain specialists
Putting contracts together
In charge of the administration side of process
In order to be successful in this role you will possess all or some of the below criteria:
- Have 3 to 5 years of experience.
- SAP purchasing experience is advantageous but not necessary.
- You will be educated to degree level or equivalent and will either be qualified or working towards MCIPS.
- You will be a motivated team player with a global outlook. Prior exposure to different cultures and ways of working is essential as is a proven track record in delivering results.
- You will understand manufacturing/services processes, cost drivers, total cost of acquisition & supplier relationship.
- You will have experience of working as part of, or will have lead, a project team dealing with an external supply chain or customers.
- You will have developed and implemented commodity or vendor strategies including the negotiation of complex contracts to achieve commercially acceptable agreements with vendors.
- You will have demonstrated ability to use appropriate tools and techniques to identify and manage commercial risk in order to mitigate costs and liability to the business.
You will have examples of innovative solutions you have put in place to support the securing of cost effective and improved service levels.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our sourcing specialists now.
Experience: 0 yrs