Grafton Built Environment is working in partnership with a leading Management Contractor in Northern Ireland who operate across multiple sectors in the Fit-out arena. Our client are now looking to hire a Project Manager with extensive Fit-out experience to work on a large Commercial and high end Retail projects in Central London. The role is a permanent opportunity with initial projects planned across a 9 - 12 month time frame. Other projects are located throughout central London, across various sectors.
Our Client has evolved from a generalist construction company to a finely tuned fit-out management contractor that brings some of the country's most creative fit-out projects to life. They are owned and run by the senior management team who are actively involved in every brief, allowing for a responsive service.
As Project Manager, the successful applicant will work closely with the Contracts Manager. They will have the ultimate responsibility for the successful delivery of the project to be completed on time, within budget, finished to the highest standard and implemented within the required Health, Safety, Quality, and Environmental parameters. They will also be familiar with BREEAM standards and accreditation and ideally have experience working on projects that have achieved BREEAM excellence.
- The Project Manager must be able to function autonomously and jointly with the Contracts Manager. They must routinely make management decisions pertaining to project issues with minimal supervision throughout the life of the project.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong Commercial awareness and Cost Control ability with a proven track record in the area of construction fit-out planning.
- Must be technically competent with the ability to set and track project milestones and deliverables.
- Must function effectively as liaison between our client and external client executives so as to protect the Company and the specific project, to resolve issues or concerns in conjunction with Senior Management.
- Instruct, coach and direct the project staff with respect to construction, contractual, and regulatory requirements with responsibility for assigned work.
- Responsibility for the delivery of the job on time, within specification and on budget
- Ensure all personnel on site conduct their duties to the highest standards.
Manage day to day operational duties.
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of the project
- Provide feedback and record information from the project for 'lessons learnt' and for continuous staff development.
What you will bring to the role:
The Project Manager should be degree qualified with a minimum of 5 years' experience at project management level. The Project Manger must have a strong commercial awareness and the ability to deal with the whole financial and programme planning elements of the project. They must possess excellent interpersonal skills with good site based knowledge and experience on a broad range of projects in the construction and fit-out sector. The role will require a proven track record involving planning and co-ordination of sub-contractors / supply chain, coupled with good people management skills.
- An Engineering / Construction Management / Project Management Degree required or where appropriate relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years residential / commercial / retail/ mixed use development construction and Fit-out experience.
- Minimum 5 years management experience required, preferably at a senior level.
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Microsoft Officer
- Thorough understanding of the construction industry and broad understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Excellent ability to analyse and interpret contractual documents.
- Proven and excellent analytic and organisational skills.
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment are essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this company at the top of the Fit-Out game, to help deliver some exciting and high profile projects in the heart of the hustle and bustle of London town! A great chance to put your Fit-out and BREEAM experience to good use and build upon this for sustainability focused future projects.
Attractive negotiable salary, dependant on level of experience and current location. Relocation options available for suitable applicants moving over to London from Northern Ireland.
Please click on the link and upload your up to date CV or feel free to contact Kathryn Bennett at Grafton Specialist Recruitment for the Built Environment on 028 90 323 333 for more information or to express interest in the role.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.
Experience: 0 yrs