Our client is a specialist structural steel contractor based in Hampshire who are currently on the market for an experienced Buyer. The successful Buyer will be responsible for the purchasing function, ensuring that suppliers satisfy the business requirement in terms of cost, delivery performance and lead-time.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a company on a range of high profile bespoke projects around the UK.
- Manage the most efficient and cost effective supply of products, goods and services ensuring quality and delivery lead times are adhered to.
- Negotiate best price at all times, and explore new sources of supply in order to maintain competitiveness and reduce cost
- Resolve discrepancies on orders, invoices and specifications as they arise
- Ensure purchase system records are accurate and maintained
- Preparation of purchase orders
- Audit suppliers, keeping an updated approved supplier list
- At least 2-3 years purchasing experience ideally from a steel background, however other related construction sectors will be considered
- Good general IT literacy, in particular Excel
- Proven negotiation and cost reduction skills
- Membership of CIPS would be advantageous
Salary will depend upon level of experience, and will be in the range of £28- 35k.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact us on 02890 826044 or upload your CV through the link.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.