The successful applicants will work across digital and print on titles such as the Irish Independent, Independent.ie, the Sunday Independent and The Herald, and will have a minimum average of 2 shifts per week.
Please note that we will also consider freelance workers to provide this cover.
Role Responsibilities (Overview)
- Edit articles for grammar, punctuation, clarity and accuracy;
- Be competent in InDesign - applying templates, altering page designs, introducing images to layouts;
- Writing compelling headlines that meet both SEO and UX demands;
- Fact-check and liaise with the writer where appropriate;
- Ensure content is free from legal issues;
- Work to exacting deadlines;
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of house style;
- Understand and uphold the style, standards and ethics of Mediahuis Ireland;
- Give a final review to content under direction;
- Edit photos: pulling photos from image management applications, cropping photos for publication, verifying images;