Vacancy Reference: 18572
We are currently working in connection with our major public sector client, an established strategic housing authority, to recruit a Joiner for the Coleraine area. Full-time, temporary position, consisting of 37 hours per week, at rate of £10.08 per hour. An immediate start will be available for the successful candidate.
To provide a joinery service of construction and maintenance in domestic, commercial and industrial buildings on behalf of the NIHE. You will ensure that all work is carried out to an extremely high standard, and that all Client requirements are attended to.
* To undertake, as and when required, first and second fix joinery work associated with major and minor construction work, and other maintenance and refurbishment work.
* To undertake all joinery work as necessary in the maintenance and refurbishment of Housing Executive stock / buildings including fitting kitchens and floor and wall tiling o repair, renew and maintain doors, door frames, windows etc.
* To fit as and when required cupboards, shelving, fencing, carcassing, simple form-work and roof trusses, slating and tiling and flat roof construction etc.
* To provide a service to customers and maintain a good customer relationship on behalf of the NIHE.
* To liaise with customers to arrange appointments, access arrangements, discuss work required etc.
* To attend meetings, training sessions as required and have willingness to participate in training with a view to carrying out work outside of normal trade duties.
* Minor work outside trade where required.
The successful applicants will also be required to provide an emergency call out service, at night and weekends, on a rota basis. Candidates will normally be on call for a 7 day period at a time.
* Completed either a time served or skills apprenticeship; and
* At least 1 years' post apprenticeship experience; and
* You must also have a full current driving licence or access to a form of transport which would enable you to carry out the required duties of this post.
* At least 3 years' post apprenticeship experience
* Response maintenance experience
A Basic Access NI check at a cost of £18 will be required before commencement of this role.