Vacancy Reference: 18047
We are currently working in connection with our major public sector client, an established strategic housing authority, to recruit an Electrician for the Coleraine area. Full-time, temporary position, consisting of 37 hours per week, at rate of #163;11.24 per hour. An immediate start will be available for the successful candidate.
The successful applicants will initially be required to undertake a programme of work associated with:
- To undertake, as and when required, first and second fix electrical work associated with major and minor construction work and refurbishment including response maintenance repairs, electrical Inspection and testing Domestic smoke alarm replacement and other duties as appropriate.
- To undertake all electrical work as necessary in the maintenance and
refurbishment of Housing Executive stock / buildings
- To provide a service to customers and maintain a good customer relationship on behalf of the NIHE.
- Undertaking practical trade orientated work appropriate to the post holders skills and experience.
- Minor work outside trade where required for operational purposes
- To liaise with customers to arrange appointments, access arrangements, discuss work required etc.
- Carry out and complete all work to a high quality and in a competent and timely manner and leave the property in a clean and tidy condition.
- To liaise with other staff / sub-contractors etc. as necessary to ensure the timely completion of works within agreed operational targets.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all job information by both paperwork and electronic means as required and pass this on to supervisor within agreed time-scales.
- To attend meetings, training sessions as required. Participate in training with a view to carrying out work outside of normal trade duties.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with the requirements of Health and Safety and any other relevant legislation.
- Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the post objectives as required by management.
- As the successful candidates will be working closely with tenants they are expected to be tenant focused with good communication skills and the ability to prioritise their own workload.
- The above duties reflect the main elements associated with this position and are not intended to be exhaustive.
* Have completed either a time served or skills apprenticeship; and
* Have at least 1 years' post apprenticeship experience; and
* Hold a Level 3 certificate in the requirements for Electrical Installation to BS 2382 (17th Edition).
* In addition, the successful candidate must hold, or be willing to attain the following electrical qualifications within 1 year from date of being appointed.
* Either C&G 2391 or C&G 2394 /2395 electrical testing and inspection
* You must also have a full current driving licence or access to a form of transport which would enable you to carry out the required duties of this post.
* Appropriate CSCS / CSR / SafePass Card
* Either already be or be prepared to attain SparkSafe License to Practise registration if successful
* Be a good communicator
* Response maintenance experience
Please note that only those candidates shortlisted for the role may be contacted.
A Basic Access NI check at a cost of £18 will be required before commencement of this role. Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be prohibitive in obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.