Vacancy Reference - 16378
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 3 Personal Secretary to be based in Derry/ Londonderry. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 9:00am -5:00pm. The post will require an immediate start and is expected to last initially for 1 month.
The following duties will be required -
* Provide a full secretarial support service to the team and other professionals
* Maintain diaries; arrange diary dates, venues, travel arrangement and hospitality. This also includes minute taking, audio typing and shorthand/note taking
* Organise the office and carry out routine secretarial duties which include the development and maintenance of an efficient filing system, brought forward system, mail distribution, photo copying, binding and ensure relevant files are available for meetings
* Open and record incoming mail and direct correspondence for the Team or otherwise deal with routine items. This will include the writing and drafting of routine letters for signature
* Facilitate communication within the department by liaising with relevant staff
* Dealing with telephone calls and enquiries and taking relevant action as appropriate
* Type letters, memorandums and minutes. A high level of word processing skills will be required and the post holder will also be required to develop skills on Microsoft Office software and other computer packages as and when required
* Assist in the production of Power Point presentations required by department
* Provide administrative support in the production of policies and reports produced within the department
* Supervision of clerical staff if post requires so
* Management of stationary stock levels throughout the department using stock catalogue and non-stock requisitions so levels of stock are adequately maintained
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* 5 GCSE's (Grades A-C) to include English Language and Maths or equivalent of higher educational standard and one year's secretarial* experience;
* NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent or higher educational standard and one year's secretarial* experience;
* 3 years secretarial experience;
*Secretarial experience is defined as experience in an office based environment to include diary management, dealing with enquiries, word processing, co-ordinating meetings and taking notes at meetings.
* In addition to one of the above, 6 months experience using Microsoft Office including Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel and Word is also essential
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.