MEDICAL SECRETARY, TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME, DERRY, £9.83 PH
We are currently recruiting for 2 Temporary Full-time Medical Secretaries (Band 4), 37.5hpw required for 1 month initially.
Suitable applicants must meet the Criteria below:
Private and Executive Secretary's Certificate/Diploma or AMSPAR/City & Guilds Level 2/3 Medical Secretary Diploma/Medical Administration Diploma or equivalent
OCR Stage 2 Text Processing (Part 1) & Stage 2 Word processing/Typing (Part 2) or equivalent
OCR Stage II Audio qualification OR 6 months Audio Typing experience OR 80 wpm Shorthand or equivalent
In addition to one of the above applicants must have:
1 year's administrative / clerical experience
- Role of Medical Secretary within the Hospital setting.
- Knowledge of Hospital Service/Department
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Knowledge of Computer/IT Systems
- Communication/ Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management/ Organisational Skills
- Ability to work in a team
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurate input of patient and medical details/information
- Access PAS, laboratory and radiology results and take responsibility for passing the information on to the relevant medical staff
- Ensure pathological, radiological reports and other results are filed accurately
- Deal with telephone and other enquires from patients, members of staff and GP's and implement the appropriate course of action in each case
- Set up clinics and ensure all pertinent information and necessary equipment is available
- Arrange and organise theatre and day case lists, ensuring maximum use of amenities, equipment, resources and theatre time (Within office hours)
- Manage and validate waiting lists to maximise the use of operating theatre facilities and equipment
- Inform patients about instructions regarding medication in advance of medical procedures
- Instruct Admissions Office, Appointments Department and Library in matters relating to patient care
- Draft and type correspondence, reports, results letters, clinical letters, discharge letters etc
- Prioritise incoming mail and take appropriate action where necessary, process outgoing mail to GP's
- Maintain diaries for both consultants and patient admissions etc.
- Collate accurate statistics on outpatient activity relating to funding assessments, staffing levels, business services etc. Ensure timely submission of statistics to senior management
- Assist with training of new staff
- Any other relevant duties
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant criteria please contact Katie Keys on 028712667799 or submit your CV by clicking "apply now"
Experience: 0 yrs