Vacancy Reference - 16787
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Mapping and Charting Officer to be based in Derry/Londonderry. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm and expected to last until the end of March.
The following duties will be required -
* Capturing LPIS field boundaries and ineligible areas within a bespoke GIS
* Interpretation of orthophotography
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* A BTEC National Certificate or equivalent qualification in an appropriate subject, such as Civil Engineering Surveying, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Physical Sciences, Engineering
* BTEC Higher National Certificate or equivalent in an appropriate subject, such as Civil Engineering Surveying, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Physical Sciences, Engineering
* Experience in editing spatial data
* Experience in using GIS
Candidates will be required to obtain a Standard Access NI check at a cost of £26
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.